Weird Little Things

The weirdest little things happen to me. I swear, I am a magnet for uncomfortable and weird things. Let the list begin...

- The bug bite. - Okay, so about a month ago I woke up (after cleaning my sheets the night before) and had a huge bug bite on my leg. What the heck?! I just washed my sheets, how did I get a bug bite? Whatever, I'll just ignore it and it will go away soon. NEGATIVE. TWO WEEKS LATER... it's super itchy, and has a big white top to it. So, of course I pop it. Now it feels like a bruise. For the next two weeks I continue to pop it, let all the nasty stuff out, and clean it. I could feel it every-where I walked. It was a huge red mark, so I didn't want to wear skirts or anything, because it looked horrible. It finally stopped growing, and doesn't hurt anymore. But it was super painful for a while.

- The cough. - I'm not really sick. It's not contagious, and it didn't last all day, at first. I got this horrible cough about three weeks ago, and it just wouldn't go away. This cough is horrible, it's mucus galore and I can barely breathe without feeling like my heart is vibrating in my chest.
** The cough that lead to the choking....**  This cough has been so dabilitating that I have been randomly choking. The air catches in my throat, and because of the mucus build up, I start to choke. This has happened TWICE in public. I'm not just talking, "air went down the wrong pipe." I'm talkin', "HOLY CRAP that girl is dieing!!". The first time it happened was in relief society. I had to walk out of class and try and catch my breath. And of course, as soon as I walk out there is a group of guys standing RIGHT THERE. Embarassing. Everyone thought I was dieing. The second time, was at Lauren's wedding. I had to go outside to the court yard and it took me about 20 minutes to feel okay again. Not to mention I dry heaved and almost threw up. (Disgusting, I KNOW!)

- Slamming my thumb in the door. - Speaking of Lauren's wedding... that same night I slammed my thumb in the bathroom stall door. I sat at a table with a glass of water to my thumb for about fifteen minutes. It was ridiculous, not to mention it totally ruined my dancing session.

- The heat blister. - So, I had some mad cramps last night and I decided to use the heating pad while I slept. I've used it multiple times with no complications, so I assumed it would be fine. I set it to a level three and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning... I had a BLISTER on my thigh! WHAT THE CRAP?! It hurt really bad, and it was pretty decent size. (About the size of a silver dollar.) I called my Mom in my room for her to look at it, and we both came to the conclusion that it was from the heating pad. How on earth does that happen? I mean, it has never happened before, and I've slept with that thing on so many times! Only me.

- The weird scalp thing.- About a year ago, I noticed these weird bumps on my scalp. I told my mom about them, and we went to the doctor. The doctor gave me some medication for them that didn't really work, and after I while I figured out that if I just switched my shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis, it wouldn't act up so much. The past three months it has seemed like it went away, but I couldn't get that lucky... no. It's back, and with a vengance. It hurts so bad sometimes, that I want to just shave my head. I switched my shampoos and everything, but it's not going away. I would go to the dermatologist, but it costs $50 dollars. Not to mention that whatever perscription they might give me would probably cost a pay-check or two. If it gets really, really, bad, I will go. (hahaha I'm not that smart am I?)

All in all, the weirdest stuff happens to me. I mean, it's little stuff, but it's crazy. When I tell people about my "little things" they look at me like I just got out of the mental hospital. I hope this was entertaining! If you have something weird, let me know... I 'd love to hear your stories!

Comments

Popular Posts