Goodnight Moon

"Our hearts are heavy burdens we shouldn't have to bear alone." - Go Radio


Gosh. Some times it is so hard to be single, and be alone in this big ole' world. All you want is someone to hold your hand and help you face the day. Someone who will back you up, no matter what. Now, I'm not sure how exactly a marriage works, but I know that love and encouragement are part of it. When you have those moments in your day when you feel like giving up, it must be so wonderful to go home to someone who won't just tell you to suck-it-up, but will help you figure it out.

I was watching a video the other day of this couple who were singing a song together. At the end of the song there are bloopers and the guy is just so in love with this girl, so in love. You can see it in his face, in the way he talks to her and laughs with her. She does a little dance towards the end and he just busts up laughing and says, "Your little dance was SO CUTE!" My heart just ached for something like that. Someone to love me at my dorkiest, craziest times.

It hurts my heart sometimes to look on my Facebook and see tens and twenties of engagements and relationships. It hurts because, it makes me think what is wrong with me? Of course, the excuse I use is, "It's just not my time." But, in reality when is there a good time to find love? Is there ever really a season for it? Who know's, I mean, I sure don't. The truth is, "Our hearts are heavy burdens we shouldn't have to bear alone." We weren't meant to live this life alone. It's true. And often times, I catch myself realizing that I can't carry my heavy heart alone. I can't do it. When will the time come, that I won't have to do it by myself anymore?

If you are married, or in a relationship, please oh please don't take your love for granted. Because no matter what, life is better lived with someone else. Sure being single can be fun, and liberating... but the real good times, come when you share them with someone else.



Comments

Popular Posts