Dear Prospective Boyfriend

Dear Prospective Boyfriend,

It's been a while, a long while. I haven't written you, because well.. life hasn't been good to me lately. So I didn't feel like I should showcase those attributes to you. People say that you should always be your "best" and I'm not really sure where my best has gone. I just love you. Wait what?

I want you to know that I have faults. I am very impatient. I can get really angry, and be really sassy. I never want you to see me angry, but alas, I'm sure it will happen. I've got this problem with cussing, that I just can't seem to kick. I hope you understand that I'm trying, and that I need all the help I can get.

I fight. I fight with my Mom, I fight with my co-workers, I fight with myself. I don't know why I do it, and I feel so stupid after the argument is over. I rant and rave and am really dramatic about almost everything. When I know deep in my heart that I can be someone so different from that, but sometimes the bad parts in me stay on the surface, blocking the good from coming forward.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I am hoping, crossing my fingers and wishing, praying, pleading... that you will understand and you won't cut me from your list because of these things. I wish I could say that, "I'm trying so hard" to fix my faults, but I'm having trouble with that too. So, if you're okay with it, I will make you a deal.

I will help you with what you need help with. I will encourage you, have faith in you, and do whatever is in my power to lift you up. And in return, you will do the same. I believe it is a fair trade. We can work on the specifics though, before you sign anything.

Still waiting..
Yours,
Shelby


Comments

  1. Shelby,
    Be patient dear. When you find him, you will just know. And all the things that you think are wrong with are not. Some guy will find you and think all of that about you is cute. I know it sounds wierd, but you will understand someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts