Christmas Traditions by Jordan Griffith

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


I am really excited about the special guest posts I have planned for this month. Christmas time is my favorite time of year, and I wanted to get a view of everyone's favorite things about Christmas. So, I asked a few people to post once a week about their favorite things about Christmas, and traditions they love. Today my sister Jordan has been kind enough to help us out. I love her, and I hope you will to! Enjoy!


*   *   *   
(Jordan & her little family last Christmas)

It's Christmas time! I haven't always been the biggest fan of christmas. But this year my baby just turned one, and I'm excited to start to new traditions in my new family. Traditions around the holidays are so much fun, it always gives you something to look forward to. 

Every year Ross and I always decorate a gingerbread house. I'm not going to lie and tell you I do most of the decorating, Ross does and he is dang good at it. We always have a good time once we get started. I love to watch Ross build the house, he has the best ideas on how to piece stuff together to keep from falling apart. 

We watch Christmas movies together. Home Alone 1 and 2 are pretty much our favorites. We laugh so hard during those movies. I mean who doesn't laugh when the two guys get knocked down the stairs by the paint cans? Classic. This year we will add in Frosty the snowman and Rudolph for baby Ryan. 

One of the things I'm looking most forward to this year is looking at the Christmas lights with Ryan. He is noticing them a little as we drive down the street. But I know once we go around to the neighborhoods that are all decorated he is going to love it! 



This year we are going to make Christmas sugar cookies! I'm super excited about that. I think as Ryan gets older he will probably look forward to this one the most. Helping cut out the shapes and frosting the cookies. And of course sampling. 

Recently I saw a picture with a teenage brother and sister sitting on Santa's lap. At first I thought creepy. But then my motherly instincts kicked in and I almost started to cry. It must be pretty amazing to have a picture of those two together every year on Santa's lap. To look back and see how much they have grown up over the year. 

Traditions are an important part of every home. The Christmas season is a time for us to celebrate Christ and remember what its like to be a child. One day Ryan will understand why we do special things around this time of year. He will remind me that we haven't baked sugar cookies yet and we really need to get on it.


*   *   *
Thanks Jordan! Jordan's blog is private, so you won't get the joy of reading her blog posts, but you can always go back in my archives and read more about her, just click on the label; My Awesome Sister Jordan. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!

Comments

  1. I love this photo. But the weird thing is, I just had on the TV and was watching the music channel, Songs of the Season. They had this exact photo and I was looking it over, then I got online ... and here it is again!!

    Wishing you and your little family the happiest of Christmases. ;-)

    cj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts