Utah Is The Best

There is something incredibly comforting about Utah. It could be the air... I'm pretty positive it is the air. You can suck it in and automatically feel one hundred times better.

I don't think, that I can accurately describe my all-encompassing love for Utah. It may very well be, my favorite place on earth. And I've been places! More than fifteen different states, and Canada. I'm going to try and describe, and bring feeling to my reasons behind it.
 I stepped outside of Quimbly Cottage on a oddly cool summer evening. The warmth of the day had been swept away by a cold breeze, the ground felt like it was melting underneath my bare feet. In Utah, there is no immediate need for shoes. Every concrete sidewalk seems to be uprooted by trees; an adventure to walk, to explore the terrain of quiet, vintage, suburbia. Tree lined streets, grass covered sidewalks, worn asphalt and invisible crosswalks. Everything just blends in, one with the other. Every place you go feels like home. The unfamiliar feels familiar, before you even meet it. Snow covered pathways, gravel roads, paved streets lined with vendors and carnival rides, every season is accounted for.
 Provo is just as enchanting. The streets are better paved, the city is a little more sprawling. But what makes it magnificent is it's sense of community. It's see-a-stranger-smile-and-wave attitude. The endless options for dinner, from Communal to Spicy Thai, the variety is out of this world. The night time in Utah is like nothing else, the constant smell of campfire and trees or snowflakes and hot chocolate (How? Is beyond me). When you walk in the dark night, shivering or sweltering, you see the beauty of the land peek out from around the closed stores, and dark windows.
Nothing can beat it. Nothing can replace it. The busy city nights in Salt Lake, the silver/blue glow that comes from the capitol building. The white light enhancing the stone of the Temple, the deep yellow of the lamp-posts lining the streets. Oh it is wonderful! I could spend all my days walking the streets of Utah.

All in all, this great state of America is my favorite. It's the best place to be, and I just wanted to let everyone know that it's fantastic. The End.


Comments

  1. Aw, such an awesome post! And the pictures are beautiful!! I truly do love Utah, I'm just having a hard time with the fact that it's time for snow again :( I'm from St George... so I'm not used to the freezing winters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts