Thanksgiving Thanks

This year, I am thankful for a lot of things. Every year of my life I find myself thankful for a lot. How could you not be? Even if you have had the worst year of your life, you still could be thankful that it wasn't worse than it was. Not the point though, the point is, I am so THANKFUL. Which is what THANKSGIVING is all about right?! That, and pilgrims. Awe, those cute little pilgrims!

1. I am thankful for my Mom. Some times, I am really mean to my Mom and I don't try to be. HONESTLY. I don't. She deserves the world, she deals with me. The biggest reason I am thankful for my Mom this year is because she has helped me a lot with putting my mission papers in. More than she knows. Love you Mom!


*mission papers*
2. I am thankful for a car that works properly. Throughout the year I have had some minor hiccups with my car, and when everything turns out to be something small, or huge (that my loving FATHER takes care of, THANKS DAD!) I feel so grateful. I can't afford to take car of a clunker car, and I'm grateful I have a car that works well and gets me from point a to b without any interruptions.

3. WORK. I am so thankful for the jobs that I have, and the ones I slide in on the side. A month ago I went in to do some side-work for my friend Nick at the law firm he works for. It turned out to be a second job that I am so grateful to have right now. I need the extra money, and it's a great environment to be in. I also am thankful for my full-time job. No matter how far away it is, I have to remind myself that I was given the opportunity to work there, and that I could NOT have a job, and be poor and not accomplishing the things I am. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR WORK!

4. Things that try my patience. I was planning on having my mission papers in at the beginning of this month, but because of some technical difficulties, they still aren't in. When I first started this process I was all over my bishop trying to get my papers in and done quickly. Then one Sunday I woke up, and just decided that I need to stop and have some patience. I still get impatient, and feel like I'm wasting time, but I know that if I just calm down and ask God for help, I can do anything. That is something I NEED.

5. Last but not least, I am Thankful for my little nephews Ryan and Carter. I am such a lucky girl to have these little boys. They make my life a million times better, and that is the truth. With out them, I wouldn't have HALF the happiness that I have. I love them so much, and I can honestly say that I would do ANYTHING for them. Some times I feel like they are my own kids. Really.

Comments

Popular Posts