Spiritually Getting By The Worth of Souls; Essentials

There comes a moment when you have to sit yourself down, and hash things out. You can't keep going on like you have been, and enough is enough. Despite what you might think, your life isn't yours and it doesn't deserve to be treated with such disrespect. God gave it to you, and it is the greatest gift you will ever recieve. The way I see it, we have been given this life like a mother is given a child. Her sole purpose it to nurture, direct, and love that child. We are to do the same for ourselves.

Often times I take for granted my life, my body, my spirit. I don't take my medication, I wait too long to get my hair done, I don't wash my face at night. I go to sleep instead of reading my scriptures, I pray without purpose. All of these things are small but essential. How do we let these things go? How do we get so lazy that we can't even bother with the ESSENTIALS?

You don't have to be a supermodel to take care of yourself. You don't have to be a general authority, to pray to God daily.

I have trouble with these things. I have trouble with respecting myself. Respecting who I am, who I have always been. I hold back on things that I shouldn't, and I go too far when I should hold back. Life is all about learning. I am learning, but I'm doing it the hard way. I've always been that way, but that is no excuse. A bad habit isn't a good excuse.

What I really want to say is, respect for yourself is so import ant. Know your boundaries, and break down your barriers. God loves you so much, and he wants you to remember who you were and fulfill the dreams you had. He is there to help, what we do with his help is what matters most. We can listen to it without doing anything about it, or we can drink it up the living water that he is, and have eternal life. I heard someone say once, that they wanted to live their life to the fullest, but not like how some view it. Some believe that by living their life to the fullest, they have to get out and drink every night, and not have a care in the world. He however, he didn't want to do that, he wanted to live his life to the fullest by obeying God's commandments, and living a life is praiseworthy.

So when times get tough, and they always will. I can look back on this, and remember what I learned. I can remember that, I am a daughter of God and that I have great worth, even when I feel like I'm not good enough. I need to step up and do better, and writing it out, helps me do that.


Comments

Popular Posts