Sunrise Mountain Hike

This weekend was a great weekend. I babysat my cousins Morgan and Jake on Friday night, and we went dollar-menu-hopping. (When you go to multiple different fast food joints and buy things from the dollar menu.) It was fun, and the boys were good so that made it even better.

Last night I went on a hike with a bunch of guys to Sunrise Mountain. My friend Tyler just got home from his two-year mission in Texas, and I hadn't seen him yet, so I picked in up and we headed to the east side of town. Parker invited us to go hike Sunrise Mountain with his friend Blayne, and some other guys. There were supposed to be other girls and guys there too, but they bailed at the last minute. We started the hike at about 7:30pm so it was dark out the whole time. We had flashlights though, so it was an adventure.

The hike was hard, it was all uphill on the way there, and really steep. I haven't worked out or exercised at all in so long, I was so out of shape. Of course I was the slowest one, but Parker stayed back with me for almost the whole way to the top. (What a gem!) When we reached the top at about 10 o'clock, it was amazing. It was worth the pain and the seriously steep hills. Vegas has the most amazing views you will ever witness, all the lights and the strip, but best of all the view of the Temple. I love the Las Vegas Temple.

 Las Vegas
 North Las Vegas
 The Strip and part of Henderson on the left
The Las Vegas Temple

The Strip.

 Going back down was actually much more difficult. I only brought one water bottle and was DYING of thirst most of the way down. Blayne was a trooper and let me hold onto his shoulders while we walked down the steep inclines that we had just came up. It took us a bit longer, but we finished and that's what matters. I only fell once the entire hike, and it didn't even hurt that bad! (shocker.) I would definitely do it again, if I had more water, was more in shape, and had the same group of guys to help me out.


Me, exhausted and finally at the top!

Blayne

Parker and Tyler

Last night just went to show that there are still some really good guys in this world. I myself am super grateful for guys who are so good to their girl-friends and who make an effort to help them and encourage them. These guys were all a bunch of A+ dudes and I am lucky to have them as my friends. For serious! Especially Tyler, who was waiting at the car with Powerade and water for us, what a lifesaver!

Comments

  1. Those photos are beautiful! i can never get that good of shots of the lights. I'm impressed:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what beautiful pictures! That view looks breathe-taking! <

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts