Money Sucks

Lately I have been trying really hard to save money. But it seems like every time that I turn around there is another expense. Take for instance going to the doctor. I really needed to go to the dermatologist but because I have an HMO health plan I can't just go see any dermatologist. I needed to see my Primary Care Physician first. The doctor I've gone to all my life doesn't accept HMO plans, so I had to find a new doctor. (It took two weeks for me to get in to see, not a doctor, but a physician's assistant. GREAT!) Let me break it down for you...

Copay to PCP - $25
PCP having me get blood-work done - $25
Wait five days.... (meanwhile schedule an appointment for a GYNO which is almost two months out. Really?)
Dermatologist visit - $50
Prescriptions at the pharmacy - $90
Getting a cold after seeing my PCP and having to go back - $25
Being told that my cold is viral and she can't treat it with antibiotics, SUPER FRUSTRATING. Not that I wanted to spend more money at the pharmacy but I need to get better.
After all of this, and a strict demand on myself to NOT pull any money from my savings, (which is a measly $1000) I had $31 dollars to my name. OH but whoops, Gas station - Fill up my car to half a tank - $20

All in all I am pretty proud of myself. I only had to borrow $25 from my Mom, and I stayed home almost this entire weekend because I knew I couldn't afford the gas. I haven't spent any money on anything other then what was necessary since last Monday, and that is unusual. I really wanted Cafe Rio on Saturday, but I refrained and made myself a turkey burger instead. Because guess what?! I don't get paid until the end of this week, and that money has to go to tithing, my car insurance, gym membership (don't even get me started!), paying my Mom back, the $25 for Quest, and Gas for two weeks. NOT TO MENTION that I have my car registration due this month, AND a Halloween party. All along with saving money.

How will I do this? I will I get through? Well, a whole lot of prayer and hopefully a second job. Anyone have some kids they want me to babysit? hahaha Oh my.

Comments

Popular Posts