In a Husband, In a Wife

I've been thinking a lot lately about husbands. Husbands and wives, the duo, the marriage, you know... the good stuff. Now, I'm just going to preface this with the fact that I KNOW MARRIAGE IS TOUGH. Not first hand, but I know from watching, reading, hearing, that it is not all roses. It can be really hard and challenging, and it's not all going to work out as planned. BUT that doesn't mean you can't work towards having things good, and as you plan. Right? Right. (I am right don't argue with me.)

A few things I want to share are some things I want in a relationship with someone.

Number one being, someone who is always helping me to be better. In everything. In every word, deed, action. Everything.

Number two is good also, someone who has fun, listens, and is completely open with me. I've been in relationships where the other person doesn't tell you what's going on with THEM. When you get married, it's not just about you anymore. It's a team, it's together, forever, and always.

Drawing from these two things, I feel like sometimes people don't take being better seriously. I mean, our whole purpose in life is to do our best. So why would you settle for someone who isn't going to encourage you to be better? Now I'm not talking someone who is never satisfied with your efforts, I'm talking about a person who celebrates your efforts. Who sees your triumphs and lifts you up, who sees when you fail and encourages you to know your true worth, and to know... it's okay to not be perfect. IT'S OKAY. Because guess what? We have eternity to figure this out.

Some basic things I want in my husband, my best friend, are (in no particular order)...

- I don't watch rated R movies, and I don't want any rated R movies in my house. No exceptions. I want someone who will hold me to this.
- Someone who will read scriptures with me everyday. Who will talk about God, and who will pray with me.
- Someone who, when we have kids, will encourage me to never raise my voice at them. I know this seems like a very long shot, but I think that by "encouraging" someone to be better, they think more about what the say before they say it.
- Someone who takes their role in life seriously. I don't want someone who is wishy-washy, who doesn't commit. You are a husband? Be the best husband you can be. You are a mother? Be the best mother the world has ever seen. You are a bag-checker at the local grocery store? Be the best bagger anyone has ever had bag their groceries.
- Someone who wants to have fun. Who wants to go out and be crazy, or stay home and relax. Someone who wants to just find the best in life and enjoy it.

There are a lot more things that I could share. But I just had these few things on my mind. I just hope one day I can find someone who is like this. BUT the only way that will happen, is if I do these things. I can't expect someone else to have all these great qualities if I don't obtain them myself. That's just the bottom line.

Comments

  1. Being married to the right person is a blessing.

    ♥ Celina

    Our first year of our marriage has been a learning experience check out this lesson on fighting about Principle V. Preference

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts