General Conference Oct 2011

This past weekend was General Conference weekend. As I'm sure all of you know, I am a member of, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Over the weekend we were able to hear from Prophets, Apostles, and General Authorities of the church in a two-day conference. I have been truly inspired by their words. I love conference so much, and I was so excited to sit down and really take in all they had to say this year. So, since I took extensive notes I thought I would share with you some basic thoughts that I got out of conference. Here we go!


  • Memorize a scripture to help keep you calm and grounded and read your scriptures more often.
  • Seek for wisdom, not power.
  • The gospel of Jesus-Christ will fill the earth.
  • Do the right thing, at the right time, without delay.
  • We have power over the influence of Satan.
  • You are NOT invisible to God, he loves you.
  • Family History is the greatest responsibility we have.
  • Multiply and replenish the earth!
  • In family relationships, love is spelt T-I-M-E.
  • Look up! It is better to look up!
  • Rescue the less active members of the church.
  • Repent for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand!
  • Help others understand our church and our values.
  • Sign on & Speak up! Come join the ranks!
  • Learn your duty and act in your office. (Priesthood)
  • Missionary service is a Priesthood duty.
  • Comfort the poor and the needy.
  • Priesthood preparation is very important.
  • Keep your testimony rooted and be prepared to stand alone.
  • The Book of Mormon helps us keep our covenants.
  • Wait upon the Lord!
  • The Book of Mormon is true! It is another testament of Jesus Christ by way of the Law of Witnesses.
  • Husbands who love their wives raise good daughters.
  • Take upon you the name of Christ.
  • Be in the world, but not of the world.
  • Be a covenant-keeper.
  • Seek ye first the kingdom of God.
  • Teach by the spirit.
  • Missionaries need: Desire, a willing heart and a strong mind, and to love others.
  • Eternal decisions have eternal consequences.
  • Prayer is the provider of personal strength.
  • Our Father in Heaven has a plan.
  • Play your part well!
If any of these lines interest you, or pull at your heart strings I hope you would email me. Or go to www.mormon.org and talk with a missionary. You can listen to the talks here, and in the coming months you can get a magazine with all the talks in it.

I love this church. I love the gospel. I love learning new things, and refreshing my memory about things I've forgotten. I never stand alone when I stand with God, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Comments

  1. I love your notes! Thanks for sharing! Conference is so great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts