Hopefully

Who are you?
Why are you here?
Where are you going?

Presently.
I am Shelby Lou DeLong. I am 21 years old, I live in Las Vegas Nevada and I am a follower of Christ. I am a cashier at a car dealership, and I am a daughter, sister, and friend. I am not very picky, I really love to eat, and I love to read on my Nook.

I am here because this is where my parents live, and I don't have enough money to live on my own. I am here in Vegas because I've lived in Utah twice, and no matter how much I loved it, I kept coming back here. I'm at the job I am at because my Dad's friend got it for me.

I'm going no where. Especially if I stay on the same path I've been on. A year flies by really fast, and for some that is because they are so busy. Busy with school, careers, marriage, life. I however have not been busy. I have been stagnant. A huge body of water that "will not be moved"(in a bad way). Like an old pool, or a barrel of rain water.



Future/Eternal.
I am a daughter of God. I am Shelby. Age doesn't matter as much as my experience does. I live where my heart is. I thrive on service, love, and abundance of faith. I work. I do. I read. I listen, oh my do I listen!

I am here because God sent me here. I am where I am at because I was meant to be here. No matter the trails ahead, I come at them with offense and one defense, the sword of the spirit. I am here with trust that what I am doing is not meant to benefit just me, but everyone I am around.

I'm going to God. We live to die, and die to live again. Where I am going there is peace. There is family. I'm going to be better, the best, the greatest. I'm taking my family and friends with me. There will be not a soul, left behind. I'm going where my heart will rest, where my labors will be blessings, and where I can kneel before my God and say, with a humble heart, "I've done all that I could do."

Who are you?
Why are you here?
Where are you going?

Comments

Popular Posts