Thank you for calling....

I'm a horrible blogger. It's been said before, and I don't mind saying it ten thousand more times. As long as it is the truth. I used to blog everyday. I used to have a job that was funny, and had the craziest stuff happen. Just check out my old Candle Store Chronicles. I die. I am dead.

I shouldn't say my work isn't funny, because it totally is. The people here, are my family. No matter how much we sometimes hate each other or make fun of each other, we really are a family. If you think about your job, (a full time job) you spend more time with the people you work with, then you do your own family. Especially if you commute. I drive 32 miles one way to my job. That might seem like nothing for some, but in a big city, that's a lot of traffic just to spend 6 to 8 hours a day working.

My work family is funny. Is what my basis of this post was. They curse like drunken sailors, and they have the quick wit of a gilmore girl. It is truly a blessed time. Let's take for instance, Huckabee. Huckabee is the kind of guy who, if he isn't making fun of you that means he doesn't like you. So fortunately? I get made fun of a lot. Some quick quotes:

"Shelby, if I give you $100 will you let me give you a paper cut with a manilla folder in between your fingers?"

"I will cut you, don't make me cut you."

"You don't know what I'm capable of."

"Hey, Corn-chip!" (yes my nickname is Corn-chip. How? I have no idea)

"Does your date have a CAT pass?"

I could go on, and on. Not only are my fellow employees hilarious, the people that come in here are hilarious too. We have our regulars, just like any place does. These people come in at least twice a month to get something fixed, or buy something new. They are crazy, and totally make our days go by faster. For instance, Beatrice and her husband. She is this little old lady with curly hair and a big attitude. She yells at her husband to make his own coffee in the coffee machine, then eventually goes over and makes him a cup. She is loud, and obnoxious and a perfect fit for this place.

Then there is the asian lady with a RV. Oh my gosh, she swears she isn't drunk, but that lady couldn't walk a straight line if you paid her. I don't understand a word she says, and half the time we have to enter her pin for her on the debit machine. It is hilarious!!


Basically, despite the obvious deficiencies of my job. The length of the drive, the sometimes overly annoying co-workers, and those times when I feel I don't get paid enough. My job is awesome, and I'm glad I have it. BOO-YA!

Comments

Popular Posts