Knowing Stories

You know those moments in your life, when you feel like you are actually starting to grasp a concept, or a knowledge of something? I have had that moment happen to me this year. During high school, I wasn't a devoted member of the church. I had a lot of stuff going on, and I really wasn't ready for the responsibility. Which isn't a good excuse, but it's all that I've got. Despite being lazy, I did come to learn a few lessons back then, that I wouldn't give up for anything.

Fast forward three years later, and I think I'm starting to actually understand the stories. I'm talking about good old fashioned Bible / Book of Mormon stories, and characters. Now when I sit in Sunday School, or listen to a talk or book on CD, I actually know what they are talking about. I know who Saul of Tarsus is, and how he changed his name to Paul. I know who the Brother of Jared is, and about his great faith in Christ. Now, I'm not saying I know everything. I can't keep all of my Nephi's straight. However, I do know stories, and I think about them often.

Scripture is so important. It is so important to read the scriptures and learn from them. It's been said before, and I will say it again, "If we want to talk to God, we need to pray. If we want God to talk to us, we need to read our scriptures."

Last night, I started reading the New Testament. I don't think I've ever read it all the way through. I'm excited to learn about Christ and his teachings, and all the great miracles he did while he was here. I love the church! I love everything about it, and I am so thankful for everything I have. Reading the scriptures is amazing, and I challenge whoever is reading this, to read them and ask if they are true. I know the answer is there, and I know the answer is yes, they are true. I just know it!

Comments

Popular Posts