Insult to Injury



The insult.

"I can't picture you being a Mom. You don't seem like the kind of person who could be a Mother."

The injury.

I'm not always a peach. Often times, at work, I'm in a horrible mood. Because I'm at work with people who don't care, who are inconsiderate, and so mean. If I could change one thing about my life right now, it would be the way I feel about my job and how I treat my co-workers.

Adding insult to injury.

When a co-worker who does not know me, who does not know the real person I am... Who only knows the crabby, and overwhelmed side of me... tells me I don't seem like Mom material, that is when insult is added to injury. Of course, I take the heat for their view of me. I am the one who created their view. If I had been my real self, they would never had said that.

That insult, was the worst I've ever received. Because my main goal in life is to be a Wife and Mother. It is such a sacred responsibility to be a Mom. To raise one of God's precious spirit's here on this earth, to be responsible for the growing of their spirit.

"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us." - Sheri Dew

"Men have to have something given to them [in mortality] to make them saviors of men, but not mothers, not women. [They] are born with an inherent right, and inherent authority, to be the saviors of human souls... and the regenerating force in the lives of God's children." - Elder Matthew Cowley

My heart broke when I heard that man so those words to me. Broke. I am not living up to my potential, to my purpose. A purpose so divine, so perfect, that I can't deny it's truth.

Here's to living in a way that makes other people see my individual worth, as a Daughter of God. Here's to being a Mother, even when I'm not technically, a Mother to my brothers and sisters, and to all who see me. Here's to trying hard to be better, and not bitter.


Comments

  1. That was an ignorant comment. People can say such hurtful things without even thinking of the consequences or the feelings of others. I am sorry. :( You will be a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Some people can be so rude and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. I can't wait until you show that person how wrong they really are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fun loving, sweet spirited, beautiful young lady. You will someday find mr. right and make your dreams come true. You will be a wonderful mom. You have soooo much love to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts