Big Plans

This post is really weird for me, but only because I'm writing it in bloggers new interface. Weird.... Anyways, on with what I came here to say.

I listen to a lot of talks and books on tape. I'm an avid John Bytheway fan, and I cannot help but laugh at every joke he makes. "Oh fudahduhdadada!" haha Anyways, I love him. Truly I do. My favorite talk of his is called. "Turn off the TV and get a life." Wow, can you say inspiring?! I can, and I just did.

In it he talks about, what else, turning off your television and getting a life. Which is so important, especially now-a-days. One particular story that he tells is about himself. When he was in college at BYU he decided to turn the TV off and not watch it. Instead, he would take those two hours at night that he would normally watch TV and turn them into something good. He would go to bed at 10 every night instead of staying up till midnight watching Leno, and then wake up at 6 in the morning. Then from 6 to 8 in the morning he would go down to the library and work on writing a book. Four months later, he had a book that was getting published by Deseret Book.

That inspires me so much. I am so sick of watching other people live their dreams, and just sitting back and doing nothing. I have dreams too, goals and aspirations. I want to make them come true. So, I've decided that I am going to wake up a bit earlier and start doing things that help me gain knowledge and learn. I want to get my diploma for institute, and the only way that will happen is if I take some classes online. So, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to wake up early and take those two hours before I hit the gym to really set my dreams in motion. I'm going to study my scriptures, practice the piano, paint, and do things that I enjoy and want to be better at. That way, while all my friends are going to college and they get all these fancy degrees, and awesome jobs. I still have something to show for myself.

Maybe this will make me want to go to school, or on a mission, or something. I don't really know. I do however know, that if I stick to this... I will be so much better for it. So here goes nothing, here goes me... turning off the TV, getting to bed early, and getting a LIFE!

Comments

Popular Posts