Change



I am in need of a big change. Something in my life needs to shift completely, but I'm not sure what that is. In January when I took up running I thought that it would become a constant in my life. Now that it isn't, there is something missing. Although I love running and would tell anyone to become addicted to it, it does take up time. I was running six days a week, more than four miles a day. It was exhausting.

I think that I am unlike a lot of people because I can't focus on one thing. I don't have a passion for something. I don't have a passion for running, blogging, sewing, graphic design, teaching, law, acting, or anything else. My dream job has always been to be a temp. That person that fills in at desk jobs, runner jobs, and everything in between. If you have ever seen the movie Monster-In-Law, I am just like J-Lo's character. Or at least I want to be. She is a dog walker, a yoga instructor, she teaches little league, works at a doctors office, paints, and designs clothes. I want that to be my life. Something she says in that movie is, "Never live the same day twice." I'm pretty sure I've had the SAME EXACT DAY for over a year. Nothing has changed, and it is bugging me.

What do we do when our souls are restless and we can't seem to find a peace in life? I have no idea. All I know is that, something is about to change because I am sick of being stuck in the same place all-the-time. I'm going to be better, do better, and find something better. End of story.

Comments

  1. I'm the same way. My brother once asked me what my "passion" was and I sat there staring at him like, "Huh?" I don't have a passion (besides my family) and I'm kind of ok with that.
    And I totally understand the whole "stuck in a rut" feeling. I tell Sei all the time that I feel "landlocked..." Like something needs to change, but I can't pinpoint what it is...
    Good luck with finding your "change." <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's exactly how I am! I think that would be my dream job too- because I just CANT do the same thing every day. And.. it's okay to not have one thing you are amazing at- or passionate about. Life is more fun with some variety! (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts