History, Oh me.. Oh my..

Dating. I have been talking about it a lot lately. Last night, I was thinking about my dating life in retrospect. It has been a weird dating life, to say the least. Mostly just a lot of kissing boys, and totally loving it. I will not be ashamed!

I have a history. A history you say? A history you question?! Yes, a history. An extensive history of asking boys out. Girls are not supposed to ask guys out. It is a well known fact. Yet, looking back into my relationships I realize that I normally wear the "pants". Maybe I am not patient enough, hmmm.

Scenario one. The first boyfriend I had, I pursued. When I say pursued, I mean stalked. Okay, maybe not that crazy. I did however, initiate every conversation and made an almost crazy effort to look awesome in front of him. Ahh, young love. It did not stop there. Number two through four where just the same, if I were to guess-timate.

When I was a Senior in high-school I was not asked to my Senior Prom. Did I still go? Yes, indeed I did still go. I asked a boy from another school because well, I was not about to miss out on my freaking senior prom! I was the master of asking boys to dances. This is not a lie.

After high school, I got to a point in my relationship with Frank, where I just asked him.. "What are you to me?" Straight up dude. I wanted to know. I didn't want to walk around holding hands with some guy who couldn't admit to being my boyfriend, and I wasn't about to wait for him to step up his game.

After a dry spell, and some lucky with charming gentlemen, and then my own stupid self messing it up... I decided to get back out on the scene. I just moved to Provo and it had been six months since I had been on a real date. I took my friend Ashree by the hand and said, "It's a dog-eat-dog world that we live in, and hon... we aren't getting anywhere just sitting here lookin' pretty. We need to step up our game." What did we do? We stepped up our giz-ame! We asked boys on dates, and had a fun time. I went through the ward directory and picked out a boy I thought was handsome and WHAM-BAM-SHIZAAM, date! After that, I got asked out on a couple of dates and finally found myself in a relationship. SHOCK AND AWE people, shock and awe.

It seems like, all it really takes is me stepping up and taking the bull by the horns, so-to-speak. Maybe that is what I am missing now. Let me just say one more thing though, before I conclude this with, I AM WOMAN, I don't really care for this situation. I think it makes me come off as brash, un-feminine, and sort of cocky. That is not something I would apperciate in a woman if I were a man. So the real question is.. Do I keep asking guys out? Or do I just sit back and let them come to me?

My patience is dwindling already, so I doubt I will go with the latter. Plus, I mean read this quote and then tell me what to do...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts