Dear Frank

Dear Frank,

You come home soon, and you might just be reading this little corner of the world wide web. In case you might be wondering what has been going on since you were gone, I thought I might share a couple of things with you. There was a moment when I was living in Logan that I heard this song and thought of you. I even blogged about it. Vertical Horizon couldn't say it any better at the time.
Ya know, you leaving really made me think. At times, I think I thought too much. I think I thought, I thought, I was thinking... confusing huh?
Then one day, I mustered up the courage to put fingers to keyboard, and write. I wrote my heart out, and I do not think I have written something so tragic since. To me, you see, it was tragic. I guess I'm just a girl, with a heart, and a head. Still after that moment I couldn't stop thinking.
I wrote more and more. Everything I wrote seemed to link to you. Then it happened. Something incredible happened. I was trying to be elusive, and keep it under wraps... for fear it might break if I let it out. When I finally did it went on swimmingly for a while, even after it techincally ended. But then, it really ended. And when I say ended, I mean ENDED. Holy crap it ended. I can't stop saying ended, because it ended. There is nothing else to say, besides I might have learned a lesson from you in heartbreak, and that broke me more than anything. That even though I had been broken, I could break someone else in the same way, and worse.
If I could tell you anything when you come back, which I most likely wont tell you, is that you taught me something I will never forget. You taught me what love felt like, and what it felt like to lose it all in a night. You taught me that I need to be tough, but carefree, and that I need to TELL people what I think, instead of holding it in. When you broke my heart, I never thought for even a minute that you doing that would teach me how to mend hearts together. Never. I was wrong, so incredibly wrong.

Love,

Shelby Lou

(via)

Comments

  1. Sometimes I think it would have been nice to never know the pain of a broken heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But then, it really ended. And when I say ended, I mean ENDED. Holy crap it ended. I can't stop saying ended, because it ended. "

    oh my gosh i love that part. You are so great at expressing your feelings. Don't you love how therapeutic writing is!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( i didnt know........................................................................boohoo!!!!! i dont like the word ended umph!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts