Running & Music

There are just under 10 days until I run my first ever race, and my first ever half marathon. Tuesday I had a bad day, so I didn't run. Wednesday I tried to run, but I think I pulled a muscle in my groin area, and my legs are really tight. So, I decided to stay home. Today, I have too much going on to be able to run and I'm still hurting. Tomorrow, however, I will run.

ANYWAYS.

I thought I would tell you all some things about running.

Carb-loading is a myth.
Don't eat too much fiber.
Ice your legs after every run.
Carry a water bottle if it is 75 degrees or hotter, and if you are running for longer than 1 hour.
Treadmills are still of the devil.
Do not over stretch before you run.
Stand up tall, keep your body straight, and don't let your arms cross in front of your chest while running.
Drink a lot of water.
Change your route or you will get really bored.
If you have shin splints, walk on the downhill and ice your shins.
Try running without music.
Never give up.
Slowing down is okay, you still rock, because you are running, while half of America is still sitting on their couch watching Jersey Shore. (No offense)
Stop whining. It's not helping.
Go early.

I have a really weird taste in running music. I really don't like popular music like Lady Gaga, or Katy Perry. Yes, I know and dance to those songs but I couldn't run to them. PUKE. Here is my running playlist.

1. The World Is Yours - Andy Grammer
2. Square Peg Round Hole - Wakey!Wakey!
3. Burn This City - Cartel
4. I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
5. Swim - Jack's Mannequin
6. Break It Out - The Rocket Summer
7. Brat Pack - The Rocket Summer
8. Summer of '98 - The Secret Handshake
9. Wannabe - Spice Girls
10. Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
11. Want To - Sugarland
12. King of Anything - Sara Barellies
13. Vegas - Sara Barellies
14. Man! I Feel Like a Woman! - Shania Twain
15. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
16. Kiss With a Fist - Florence + The Machine
17. Rock It Till You Drop It - Fefe Dobson
18. Decoration - The Early November
19. Rain - Ace Enders
20. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
21. You Lie - The Band Perry
22. Time Bomb - The Format
23. Your Tears - Jarret Burns
24. Senorita - Justin Timberlake
25. Love Don't Live Here - Lady Antebellum
26. O Sunrise - Matt Hires
27. Here It Goes Again- OK Go
28. Picture to Burn - Taylor Swift
29. Horchata - Vampire Weekend

I got to song number 26 on my last long run. I think that means that I need to get double the amount of songs on my iPod for my Half Marathon. When I get the second half I will post it.

Goals for the next week:
Stop eating not-good-for-you food.
Drink more water.
Realize I am only human.
Be nice to everyone.
Open up my heart to others.
Be understanding.
Get more sleep.
Hang out with someone. (I haven't seen any of my friends since Monday)
Play more basketball.
Run. Run. Run. Run. Run.

Comments

  1. Square peg in a round hole! I love that song I can hear him sing it right now! I love you and I think you are a hard core mother freaker for running a half marathon. And those are really interesting facts about running I didnt know them. Do you wanna borrow my camel pack for your runs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Lol play more basket ball? Random. I miss running so much. I'm totally going to run when I'm in vegas next week. I think it's good to keep running music a little different than just your everyday kind of stuff. At least for me it is. My running music makes me want to run. Brings forward the good feeling that I get when I run. Mine is more rock than pop. Idk how you run to death cab for cutie, but power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love working out to Florence + The Machine. Also loving that you have Spice Girls on your list!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts