I'm a Runner. Go ahead and chase me.

I've learned something very important this week. I've learned that, if I want to feel good about myself all I have to do is talk to my family. Because they help me feel better. Especially my Mom, my Mom gets probably 4 phone calls from me a day, and I live at home. I call her all the time. I've learned that, that is totally okay, even if I sometimes do it just to bug her.

I've learned that my sister's will be there for me no matter what. Because, they love me, and they kind of have to. Which is okay by me. Since the possibility of me running this half-marathon totally alone is looming in the distance, I have to rely on that. Because if I don't, I think I might cry.

I've learned that I love the scriptures. I was reading in Alma the other morning, a letter from Ammoron about the exchange of prisoners. I started to laugh, because it was so funny. I mean, it was serious, but it was funny how Moroni replied to it. I have never been reading the scriptures and laughed, or been upset. I feel like recently, they have started to come to life in my head. It is amazing.

Speaking of my Half Marathon. 13.1 Miles. I have realized that I am not running this for anyone else, or doing it for anyone else but myself. I didn't get a running coach because I wanted people to think I'm awesome (it's just a perk, just kidding haha)I got a running coach because I want running to be a part of my life. I want to make it a habit, because I enjoy it. Just like I enjoy reading my scriptures, and dancing crazy at parties, I love running. It is amazing.

I've learned that having your opinion appreciated is not a given thing. People don't just, APPRECIATE you for who you are. Which is wrong, and filthy, and stupid. But, that is how it is.

It's extremely difficult to not care what other's think of you. It's extremely difficult to find people who will support you (sometimes) and that's okay. Because if it weren't EXTREMELY DIFFICULT it wouldn't be worth trying at. Just like running a half marathon, or 3 in a year, is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT... but it wouldn't be worth doing it if it were easy and non-complicated. But I'm going to do it. I'm going to do all I can to conquer the EXTREMELY DIFFICULT things in my life. No one is going to stop me, and no one is going to bring me down. So, just like the title of this post says...

I'm a runner. Go ahead and chase me. Because I'm going to keep on running, and keep on going, and nothing is going to stop me.

Comments

  1. I've really been inspired lately by all your running posts. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts