Catty-ness Not Allowed



I'm trying to overcome assuming things, and saying/thinking mean things.

Sometimes I assume people are looking at me in a certain way, or judging me. I assume that my friends are mad at me, or that they don't want to be my friends anymore. And you know what they say about people who assume right? I will leave that to you to answer. What's hard about assuming is that you could be right. Ouch. Low blow. I think I just punched myself in the stomach. Did you feel that? That’s the truth coming out. It’s true though; sometimes what we think is right. It’s part of having common sense. However, that is not always the case. Which means we should probably give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Right?

I have said it before and I will say it again, and again, and again, until it is out of my system. I have violent thoughts 50% of the time. When I say violent I mean; of, pertaining to, or constituting a distortion of meaning or fact. Characterized by uncontrolled, strong, rough force. This is a dictionary reference. Just so you know. I tend to think mean thoughts when people upset me, or annoy me. I wish I didn't, but I do and it’s something that I am trying really hard to get over.

Already, this morning, I have overcome a couple of times when mean thoughts came into my head. I said to myself, “Self. It doesn’t matter how much you rant and curse in your head, what that person is doing is not going to change. So, get control of yourself, and stop acting like a child.” I need to remember it’s not all about me.

I'm sure you know that. Just like how you know, it’s not all about you. Truth.

I do not want to write the catty thoughts I'm thinking, because they are just that. Catty. Who wants to read a blog written by someone who is catty? Not I, not I.

So here's to trying really hard everyday to be better.
Because, folks, there is no reason not to.
And a million reasons that you should. 


Comments

  1. Shelby, first of all, I love your profile picture. So cute! Secondly, I love the way your write. It's so engaging and easy to follow. And witty. I love reading witty writing. Mad props!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts