Blogging From The Recess of My Soul

Sleep is calling my name, but I feel like blogging. Which is weird, because I really have nothing to say. Maybe I can think of something? Let's see here, far back in the recess of my mind there is a lingering thought that I should readjust my life.

Readjust you say? Yes, I do say. Kind of like when you see a picture frame slightly off center and you move it over just a tad. Yep, just like that. I think what it is, is that I am waiting for something big to happen. When it might not. I have a lot of my old friends coming home from serving their mission's. They've been gone for TWO WHOLE YEARS. Do you realize how long that is? I daresay it's quite some time. I am so excited to see their faces, and hang out with them. What I really hope happens though, is that I will talk with them. That deep sort of talk, the kind that makes the light in your heart brighter, because I haven't had that in a long time.

I hate to admit it, actually, I'm not even going to. It's controversial, and horribly mean to say. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I think I will just keep it in. If you really want to know I will tell you, but only if you email me.

Do you want to know something great? I ran today. I was on rest for Sunday and Monday I woke up with a nasty sore throat. So, today was my first day this week. It was a blast. It was fantastic. I felt like myself again. I hate not running, just as much as I hate the first half of mile 3. Totally serious here. I get the privilege to run 7 miles on Saturday after work, and before I go to Parker's welcome home party. I think we all know what this means. Bed time on Friday is going to be EARLY, EARLY. SEVEN MILES! Are you ready for this? I am.

See, out of nothing comes something. I knew I had something legitimate to say. SUCCESS!

Happy Late Night Tuesday or Wednesday... or whenever you read this.

Comments

  1. "I hate not running, just as much as I hate the first half of mile 3." That's like me! Only I hate the first half mile of every mile. And the last half for that matter. Basically, you just need to teach me how to become a runner. For now I'll stick to my hamster wheel in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I want a deep conversation. Exactly like you described it as well. Where you feel like you haven't just engaged your mouth for an hour but your soul as well. Yes, I want that. And I want to know what your controversial thought is because...those ones are usually the best ones. Just sayin. Email me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts