Half Marathon

Originally, I planned on run/walking the half marathon. Stopping to walk whenever I felt like it, and just making it to the finish line. That was back when I figured that I wouldn't run it anyways, and that I was going to go running for a week and then quit. Now, I have been researching all that I can so I can actually do this. I think I'm turning into a runner. (SHOCK AND AWE! SHOCK AND AWE!) I just am so freaking excited to run 7 miles tomorrow and see if I can do it.. you know.. run the entire time.

Today, I ran 3 miles without stopping. I already blogged about that though. I couldn't stop. I wouldn't let myself stop. THIS is WAR. War against all those people who say CAN'T and WON'T and YOU SUCK. Because guess what ladies and gents, I'm ready to rumble and I'm coming out with all my weapons in tact. You better freaking believe it.

I'm going to run this entire half-marathon if it kills me. I still don't care about time, or anything like that, but I am not stopping to walk. Nope. NO WAY!!!!!!!!

I am WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!!!

Comments

  1. DO IT! here is my advice. Sign up and pay for a race. That will force you to train for it even when you mind AND body say no.. because your wallet says you have to!

    You can do it :) and it will make you feel phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO HOO! thanks for you comment. Great post! Just know that you may have to stop and walk. And that's okay. But running is an ever evolving thing. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Somedays i don't have to stop. Some days I do. But I just get out there. No matter what, and try. Do that. Know that if you do have to walk the only person you have to answer to is yourself...therefore running allows you to be a much kinder person to yourself. and that's why i love it.

    good luck and just do it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheesh, you went all Phil Davison speech on us!(please tell me you get that reference)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts