Something I Realized

Normally, I don't have very high expectations of myself, because I figure I will just fail anyways, so what's the point. Well, that attitude has gotten me no where fast, and when I say no where, I mean the deep, dark, pits of despair, and ruin. It's a blast down here, and I seriously hope you will never join me. Okay? Okay. Now that we have that out of the way, what I came to say is that I'm actively trying to change this part of my character. Because what is character if it's not something you can be proud of? In my personal opinion pride isn't always bad, as long as you don't take it too far. (Please don't strike me down with lightining for saying that.)

I realized I have a lot more New Year's Resolutions that I thought I did. Every day I think of something else I want to change, and the truth is this is the perfect time to do it. I have found that as I get older time goes by much faster. I mean, we are already EIGHT days into another year of our lives. Where did that time go?? So, I'm going to list out the things I am going to do in order to make this year count.

- Physique 57 -- I just bought the 57 minute DVD for this exercise program. A lot of bloggers/people in NYC are doing it and I've only heard good things about it. I'm doing this on my own, and I can't do it with anyone else. I am going to get fit, I'm going to be strong. I'm going to be able to lift 30 pounds without gasping for air, or throwing out my back. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

- Half Marathon -- I don't care about my time, if it takes me all freaking day long.. I'm doing it. I'm going to run those 13 miles, and I'm going to feel GREAT doing it. This year, it's going to happen. I'm looking on line, and I'm going to find one that is far enough in advance that I can prepare, and it's going to happen.

- Looking people in the eye when talking to them -- I have a horrible habit of never looking someone in the eye when I talk to them. I am going to make it a goal to look everyone I see in the eye, and say "Hello" and have a pleasent interaction with them. This is something I seriously hate about myself, and it is going to change.

- LISTEN -- Yet another horrible habit, I don't listen very well. I tune out as soon as a conversation starts and I end up having to ask the same questions over and over again. Going back to school will hopefully help me with this. I want to be able to listen really well to other's so they know I care. I don't want to be a careless human being.

- Control my thoughts -- I want to have good clean thoughts. Not thoughts of punching people, or day dreams of car accidents, and injuries. Is it weird that I have day dreams about that? I have day dreams of the worst things that can happen. It's so weird, and horrible. I hate it.

- Read my scriptures -- WOAH. This is harder then you might think. Some of you may have heard about people who FALL IN LOVE with reading their scriptures, ummm... it's not happening here. It's so hard. I'm going to get better at it, and hopefully I can become that way. Right now, I'm making it a goal to read every-other-day. If I want to read every day I can and will, but I HAVE to read every-other-day.

That's all I can really think of. Those are the things that I think will help build my character, and help me to become the person that I really want to be. I will be optimistic, intelligent, strong, spiritual, and caring. I WILL be these things, because that is who I am, and who I will ALWAYS be. I won't let anyone bring me down, tell me different, or effect me in a bad way. All of the bad, lazy, and rude things are gone. I'm done, and I'm ready for this new start. I AM READY. Are you?

7- Yesterday I had fun at work, I was messing around, but I had a fantastic time. I love making new friends, and hopefully becoming a good influence in their lives, just by loving them as my friend!

8- Today I am happy because I have made solid resolutions and am taking HUGE strides to make them reality. I'm ready for a new, healthy change, and nothing will bring me down!!

Comments

  1. Shelbster you are so amazing (thanks for the lovely and supportive comment on my last bost, psbtw).

    You are beautiful, smart, strong, and inspiring. I am here if you ever need to talk. You have my # girl.

    I love these goals that you set for yourself, and I have no doubt you will meet each and every one of them.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts