Love

If I could talk about one thing the rest of my life it would be love. The love for all things small and precious, like baby's little fingers and their soft little heads. Love for the sunshine and the rain, both pouring down together onto tree lined streets, on warm summer days. I would talk everyday about the love I have for car rides through cool mountain passes with the windows rolled down, letting the fresh air in. You would never cease to hear me speak of the love of laughter with friends, in dimly lit living rooms sprawled out on couches, making the most of our nights together. Love of black and white films, when acting came directly from the heart, with soul and passion. Love of music that makes you dance in public, where everyone can see. Love of the truth, the justice and the honesty that comes from the genuine people that dot this precious place we call earth. Love for God and all his fantastic creations, that no one can come to understand completely. The love of the faith that comes from knowing that you don't know everything. Oh, I could only wish for that to happen. For now, I will bite my tongue, and surpress my doubts, and glory in the goodness of my current train of thought. For "love is the only truly shocking act left on the planet", or so they say.

Comments

Popular Posts