Cussing

Working in a place where swearing like a sailor is no big deal, makes me want to scream.

Now... I'm not a big profanity person. Sometimes, I say Hell... or Hells Yeah, to get my point across. But no, these peeps.. they have every word in the book down. Take for example this mechanic the other day, he was asking another mechanic to do something for him. Did he have to say the F word? Of course not. Did he? You bet your bottom dollar he did.

You know those times when you are trying to say something, but the words just aren't coming out? You kind of stumble like this, "Umm... yeah and uhh freaking... gosh I can't remember." Now, go ahead and replace all those words with the F word. Pleasant right? Wrong.

Let's get something straight here. I don't care if you cuss, or if you think that it is awesome. However, it will make you sound idiotic. You can disagree if you want. What I'm saying is,that if someone is saying a curse word every other word, they probably sound like they didn't go to school and were raised by hyenas. I wouldn't say I'm an ignorant person for feeling this way, or that I am naive. I think it's an almost universal truth that being cursed at, sucks. Even if it's supposed to be funny.

The whole point of this, is that in my head now, when I get frustrated or annoyed... I am starting to insert a curse word into the sentence, and I'm making myself mad. I'm annoyed at my brain for storing these ugly words in it, and using them. I may not say them out loud but inside I am screaming them. It is just so sad, that people pepper their language with these truly ugly and degrading (to themselves, and other's) words.

All in all, I just want people to stop cussing.

Comments

  1. "they probably sound like they didn't go to school and were raised by hyenas."

    Oh man Shelby you make me laugh.

    I think cussing is pretty immature (although to be pretty honest, I cuss when I get hurt or extremely angry and in both cases that is also immature). Tell them they could take a lesson from this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Has8vDacmo8

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Agreed. It's offensive I don't care where you came from. I'm cracking up about the Hyenas part!! Literally laughed out loud.. Best line ever

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts