Ra-Ra-RANDOM

I'm 90% sure that I am getting sick of this 30 day challenge, and I'm only on day 12. We will see how long it lasts. I don't give it much longer, but maybe I can hold out. All I know is that I haven't spilled my actual thoughts on here for what seems like ages. Which, in turn, means that ya'll get the opportunity to read them. If anyone reads this thing.

First. Something I have been thinking a lot about lately. Most of the time I can't really recall what people have said to me, and I'm not the best listener in the world. But there are times when I remember vividly what people say and I will randomly replay the conversation in my head. For example, when I first started my job my boss told me, "Don't get too attached to the salesmen, they come and go really fast." Why would she say that to me? I have no idea. I replay it in my head trying to figure out WHY she would say that. Weird.

One of my biggest pet peeves, is when people just say my name. For no reason. They aren't trying to get my attention, or saying hi, they just say my name. Like at work, there is this guy who, when I'm a receptionist, he will just sit back at his desk and say my name. "Shelby Lou" *five minutes pass* "Shell-bee". I just want to look back and him and scream, WHAT THE FREAK DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?! STOP SAYING MY NAME!!! I'm bout to play a fifth grader and say, That's my name... don't wear it out! I liked this guy once, who was a total babe. He was super nice, and seriously I think he fell from heaven because he was perfect. Except for one thing, we would be sitting in the car driving somewhere and he would just keep saying my name over and over. Shelby Lou, Shelby Lou, Shelby Lou. OH MY GOODNESS. It ruined it for me, I could no longer see his amazing-ness because of his constant repeating of my name for no good reason. It was a sad, sad day.

Did you know that I'm an Aunt for the second time? Basically it's the best thing ever. I'm in love with this little boy to the moon and back. I could just hold him all day long and just look at his cute little face. He is the cutest baby EVER. My sister is one lucky girl.

I'm pretty sure I hear every curse word known to man, at least 10 times, each, a day. It is super annoying.

I have this CD of quotes from General Authorities of the church and this quote is in it, Elder Bruce R McConkie told his testimony of Christ. You can hear it on the CD he was in tears, and it gives you a feeling of complete peace. I daresay that the following is also my same testimony of Christ.
“And now, as pertaining to this perfect atonement, wrought by the shedding of the blood of God—I testify that it took place in Gethsemane and at Golgotha, and as pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that he is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person. I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way.”

Love you guys. Mean it.

Comments

  1. I get like that too. Im sick of being grateful! ha ha....not really.

    but I know what you mean about blog commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that quote. My testimony needed that today!

    Found you via The Mom and I'm so glad I did

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts