Ending The Challenge

I didn't do this challenge on the correct days... so be prepared for a mammoth post. I've had this post in my mind for a while and have been really trying to think of what to write for the last ones of these. It's been kind of hard, and it's been kind of easy, and you might understand why.


Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.


Christ. Christ means a lot to me. Mainly because he is everything. Without him, I would not have a chance. Really. Also because he never gives up. He is always there waiting with his arms open wide, wanting me to come back to him when I stray. I know that God and Christ live. I know that I will be okay when I'm not okay. I know that this life blossoms into something amazing, and I know that I with time and effort, I will be able to live with him again.


Day 27 - A picture of something you're afraid of
I can't really post a picture of this thing I'm afraid of, because I think that would be kind of morbid. I'm most afraid of my close family and friends dieing. It is probably one of my biggest fears. Being a part of the blogging world, I think we tend to see a lot of tragedy. Mainly because, when people are hurt they write about it. Children who are sick, people who almost lose their lives in a deadly crash, and mothers or fathers passing on leaving little children behind. Oh, it is so incredibly heart breaking to know that other people go through these intense tragedies. It hurts me to my very core to see people suffer, and I think that is why tragedy and death, are my greatest fears. Not because I'm not sure what happens after we die, because I know what happens. But because of the heart-ache, oh that heart-ache.

Day 28 - A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?


Last Year
This Year

Wow.I'm about to cry just thinking about the past, and the things that used to be. I was scared, but careless a year ago. Everything took guts, but it also took a split second to decide what I wanted. One minute I was okay, the next I wasn't. Now, I care so much about everything that I can't decide what I want at all. I'm really mixed up, but I'm happy. That's all that there is to it.

Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile



It doesn't matter how crappy my day is, or stupid everything seems to be. When I see this picture. I can't stop smiling. There is so much about this that I love, but mainly.. it's that girl standing next to me. For how crazy she is, how much we butt heads or disagree, oh I love her. I've never met someone so funny, honest, and caring as she is. This is the person in my life that I can talk to when I am totally pissed off, or completely in ruins, and she will lift me up. She will rant with me, talk about beating the crap out of people, or just tell me a funny story. Alix and I have not known each other that long, but in the time that we have known each other she helped me through one of the hardest days of my life so far. I know I talk about it a lot, Frank, that is, but it was a monumental occasion in my life. The next day, after Frank left,  I went to her house all out of tears, and she didn't try to get me to cry or scream, she just wanted to make me happy, and she did. I'm not sure what my life would be like without Alix, but I'm glad I won't ever have to really find out. 


Day 30 - Who are you?



Take a look at my face in this picture. I'm laughing, and I'm having probably the funnest night I have had in a long time. Don't mind the random boy sitting on my lap, the ugly sweater or the mustache in my hand. That's just me. Doing what I do best. Loving Life. I am Shelby Lou DeLong. I'm 20 years old and I have no idea what my life is going to turn out like. I daydream about marrying my guy friends that are still on their missions, and people who I randomly meet. I laugh like a weirdo. I love my dogs more than anything in the world. I am Mormon, and it is the greatest and hardest thing ever. Sometimes I try, and sometimes I just give up. I make mistakes, I ruin friendships, and I build new ones. That is who I am, and I won't take it back or say I am sorry because I change everyday, and there is no point in apologizing for who I am.

Comments

  1. Love love love love love this. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see the next challenge you take on. Love your blog, Shelby! Are you going to the 133rd ward when you come visit?? I'll make sure to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a perfect post. that picture of the savior is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts