Oh My BOOKS!

When Twilight first came out, my sister was begging me to read it. I was one of the very few who hadn't. I stood my ground on the point that I did not enjoy fantasty, or weird books like that.  Vampires, faeries, aliens, that was so not me. I think it all steamed from me hating the Harry Potter series. Please don't stone me, but it's true. My Mom and I tried to read them together, and we got audiotapes too. It just creeped me out and was dumb, so I vowed to never read weird things like that again. Well, my heart has changed, not from Harry Potter, but from pretty much everything else. My sister has yet again, introduced me to some pretty great books.

If you are looking for a quick read, I would choose these books. I have only read the first book of this four book series, Wings, by Aprilynne Pike. It is a great book. It is about a not-so-ordinary girl, who learns about her true heritage as a faerie. Of course there is a mad love triangle and it is seriously epic. It reminds me of Twilight, a lot. It's different though, I like it. I read this book in about 4 hours, so it is definetly a quick read.


Spells, the second book of the series is out, and my sister is still reading it. The third book is going to be called Illusions and it comes out in May 2011. The fourth book hasn't been titled yet.



This book, was so hard for me to read. I loved the plot but I had a hard time with the writing. Now, I'm not writer, but I just don't know if I like the style of his writing. It is a good book though, and is going to be a major motion picture soon. It is about this boy who is the last of his alien kind, and is hiding out here on earth. It is super intense, and I can't wait to see the movie.


So, I'm pretty open to any books right now, besides Harry Potter. Sorry, you wont catch me reading that. I kind of want to read those Pride and Prejudice and Zombies books. I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I also haven't heard anything at all about them. If you know anything, leave a comment. Also, if you have a book that you are in LOVE with, let me know too. I've read The Hunger Games Series, and Twilight and all that. I heard City of Bones is good, and I've heard it's not so good. This is where your opinion comes in handy! Let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. Dude I am glad that you liked the book! Hopefully I will get to read some more of the second book this weekend so that you can have it! I'm glad you liked the books I recommended. You should give Harry another try! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I like how it tries to keep in time with the way the actual Pride & Prejudice was written, and LOVED the fun twist with the zombies. It was definitely a fun, silly read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, i was hoping that the 3 dead 4th one next was going to be a left 4 dead type book. oh well, i guess fighting through hordes of the zombie apocalypse will have to wait for a different author. awesome game by the way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts