Finding Hope: Lose Yourself To The Lord

Today, has already been beyond marvelous. I'm not sure words can explain the spirit I felt as I sat listening to my friend speak about his mission in sacrament meeting. Two whole years, years that were dedicated souly to the Lord and no one else. He became a fisher, of men. He told fantastic stories about baptisms and converts and the people who's lives he blessed with the spirit. The whole time, all I could think about, was that he was the one who was converted. He felt so strongly about the love of Christ, so strongly, that the spirit was poured out to every soul in that room. You could almost taste the sweetness of it.

He spoke about how he lost himself in the work. How God blessed him with the words to say, and the things to teach. It was difficult, and heartbreaking, but who's life isn't? Christ was perfect yet he suffered. Oh it broke my heart to hear the words he said and know that I could do so much better. I could be so much better. I feel completely inadequate yet, completely uplifted that I know the feeling is from God. God is my Father. Christ is my Savior. Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and he receives revelation for us from God. I know that what I believe in is true, and I am so glad that I have the opportunities I have to repent and fix what I do wrong. The Book of Mormon is true, it is a book written in days of old, for days now and to come. It holds the truth of the everlasting gospel and is another realization of the truth of Christ. I love that book.

This is what I believe, and if you wish to find out more you can follow this link.

Comments

Popular Posts