Change

At one point in your life you start to realize who you are, why you are the way you are, and what you can really, in reality, do to change it. By change, I mean "make better", I don't understand why that word has gotten the rep that it has, but in my book it's a good thing, unless otherwise noted. So you know certain things about yourself like, how you never go back on your word, or you always tell overly detailed stories. Some things are good, some things aren't. That is where the change comes in.

I have come to terms with the fact that changing a certain part of me, is going to take a long time. It's the part of me that get's jealous of other peoples relationships, that part that avoids peoples phone calls because she just wants to be left alone, the part that get's annoyed or tired and tells her friends she will punch them in the neck if they don't be quiet. Those are the parts that I am looking to change, hoping to change. It's just going to take a while. It's going to take one late night out at a time, one pessimistic point of view after the other, and maybe trying not to watch too many chick flicks. (Because I'm pretty sure that after a while, those things suck out your soul)

Everyone has something in them that they are trying to change for the better. What is that thing in you that you are trying to change? Do you think you need to re-evaluate the time it's going to take to make it a reality? What do you think?

**P.S. I would love to thank my dear friend Chris for Guest Posting on my blog yesterday. I hope you all take a minute to look at his videos, I mean what is a good day without laughing!? Not a good day, that's what.**
***P.S.S. I had a great time at DisneyLand and will post about it soon! I just need to get the pictures uploaded! Can't wait to tell ya'll about it!***
Love ya,
Shelby Lou

Comments

  1. i'm trying to change the way i look at life. basically, i'm trying to choose to see things in a positive light, no matter how bad the situation. hey, it can be a learning experience, right?

    and can i just say, sooooo jealous about the disneyland part. like, seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts