Wedding Photos and My Point of View

I don't mean to knock any body's boat by saying this. Believe me when I say that some of my favorite photographers take pictures this way. Actually, all of my favorite photographers do. I think I might be alone on this, but it will probably set me apart. Here it goes, when I get married, a long time from now, I don't want my pictures like everyone elses. I can stand these pictures of just people's chests, or them standing next to each other with no expression. I can't stand it when I see pictures of them together but seperated by 20 feet of space. I can't stand it! The reason being, is I want my photographer to take real pictures. Of us sitting together talking, kissing, and all the good stuff. I can promise you that I wont want to be 10 feet away from my husband on my wedding day. I will want him to be next to me constantly.

I want my wedding photos and my engagement photos to be real, pictures of us smiling and having fun, and being together. Because I'm not like other people. I wish I could be a chic and cool and be urban, but I'm not. I'm, in your face, hold your hand, look deep into your eyes, wear whatever is cute but coordinating, and just show LOVE.

To add on to this whole thing, I just have to say, that no matter how hard I try to have some cool style that every one else has, I don't. I'm totally over it to. I don't like getting ready, or doing my hair (especially because it is still short). I hate wearing make-up, and I can't wear a million bracelets on my arm unless I am in the mood. I'm not urban, or bohemian, or preppy, or goth. I'm just me. I wear whatever I think looks good, and sometimes thing I know are ugly. I hope whoever I marry doesn't expect me to look amazing every-day, but rather expects that I will BE amazing every-day.
After so many years of wishing I could look like, write like, be like, or speak like, other people. I have finally decided is that what I am, is what you get. I am me, I change my mind constantly, I am lazy but smart, positive and a total pessimist. I am Shelby Lou DeLong and that's the end of my rant.

Comments

  1. You went Jerry Maguire... doesn't it feel good?

    Kudos for being you.

    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was creepin and found this and totally agree. I want smiling and sitting on his lap and showing love. Not showing off the insanely huge, old, creepy, tractor in the backround.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts