Red, Red, Wine!!!

Today was a crazy enough day that I have decided to blog about it. So what had happened was... I awoke to a dog in my face; as always. Auzzie likes to come into my room in the morning and sniff my face until I wake up. It's not too bad of a thing because it gets me up and going before 8 am. Anyways when I woke up this morning my Mom had the sudden urge to go out back and do some yard work. Who else could she choose to be her lackey, her dogs don't have opposable thumbs!! So, out I went to hack down some bushes. I have officially decided that I am not a yard-work fan. I would much rather do housework inside, because at least then the TV is on and you can get stuff done, whilst being semi-distracted. OH! and did I mention I vacuumed and dusted the entire house, and cleaned the bathrooms.. in two day parts. Yeah, I'm am going to receive the daughter of the year award, now worries. ;) Anywhoo.. after sweating my toosh off and getting thorns all over my hands I went inside and checked my cell phone. I got a call from a car dealership, and I went in for an interview.. then, I worked 2 hours! WOOT!

Yes, I got a job! Finally!! I will need to get another one, or two, to help me pay for my insurance and save for the mish, but this is a start! Before I started training though, I had to go get a drug test. I have never had to get a drug test before, the last time I peed in a cup would have to have been when I was like... 5 or something. I can barely remember! Anyways, it was really awkward and weird. I mean you just go in this cup, then come back out and hand it to the lady. It's just not comfortable. The lady working wasn't making it any better anyways. I mean, she sounded like she was about to die of boredom from her job. I felt like I was working with a computer or something. The only things she said where directions, and she didn't even say Hello. The first words she said where, "put your stuff in the drawer and lock it." (meaning my purse) then the last thing she said was, "you are done now, walk out of that door." Ummm okay. I know it's uncomfortable, but you make it ten times worse.

Speaking of peeing. I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half on the way home. At the slowest point, I traveled 2 miles in an hour. Yep! It was super intense. I was okay with at first because I had a Dr. Pepper and I was singing Red Red Wine at the top of my lungs, but then I was stopped for twenty minutes and my Dr. Pepper ran out. It was a bad combo, I really had to pee and the traffic was going NO WHERE! It was torture. Not to mention my Mom was making dinner for us, and I was 2 hours later then expected coming home! RIDIC!

So, life today was entertaining to say the least. I am happy to finally have a job, even if I only work two days a week. It will be a good change, and the people there seem very nice. I am really excited to start working, and hopefully get another job or two and just work my tail off so I can make my goals happen! It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out, that's for sure!

<3
Shelby Lou

Comments

  1. SHELBS!!! I just love love love to read your blog. You. are. darling. and bring happiness!! You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts