Things I Know: A Tribute To a Loving Man

Do you know what I find comforting? Life after death. The truth and comfort of this one fact, holds me together in tough times. Even more then life after death, is the concept of Eternal Families. That, families can be together forever. Last night, my great Uncle Harley passed away. It was sudden, and harsh. Yet... his family, his beautiful daughters, his wife, all of his grandchildren, will be together again one day. Of course, the choices we make in this life alter the outcome, but when we live according to God's will there is magic to be had.

I'm grateful for this knowledge, that this is not the end. This time we spend here on earth is only a fraction of our journey. That, when we strive to do our best and endure to the end, Heavenly Father prepares a way for us to return to him. He prepares our mansions in heaven, so that we, may be like him.

There is definitely heartache to be dealt with, the loss of a loved one is not just some passing by event. It is huge, monumental, tragic. For those that believe and know, the same things I do... this tragedy only lasts a while before it becomes a longing to do better, to be better, so that one day we can see that person again.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. I KNOW that, without a doubt.

To those of my loved ones who are dealing with grief, I love you. I'm so grateful for Uncle Harley. He baptized me you know! :D The only song that is running through my head right now is this hymn, which I will end this post with.

Comments

  1. My love is with you and your family at this hard time. Prayers are heading your way!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Shelby. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts