Sunday

She walked with determination up the steps of that old church. The dark red brick and the bright white of the molding radiated in the summer heat. As she grasped the handle of the door and pulled it towards her, she felt a warmth, unparalleled to the searing heat of the day. A warmth the rushed inside her lungs and filled her chest and arms and legs with fire. Stepping inside past another set of doors into the cool hallway, her thoughts turned from hectic constant worry, to peace and love. The determination of her steps was well worth the feeling of calm. The truth she knew could not be darkened, or dampened. The fire she held within her, would never die. This feeling, this peace, was the knowledge of life eternal. Of things to come, and things that passed. Walking down the hallway into the round foyer room, she could see through the chapel doors as could hear the organ playing, and see the golden pipes rise up to the top of the ceiling.

Here I have come Dear Lord, to covenant with thee.
That though, I be a sinner, thy Love will set me free.
I covenant to do better, not for treasure of silver or Gold.
But for the knowledge that, I, me, might return to thee.
Father up in Heaven, with thy Son, my Savior near by.
I feel your love around me, and now promise to try.
To try and hear thy counsel, more fervently each day.
To live the gospel standards, and constantly obey.
My heart is broken, my life for thee, please help me to understand the meaning of eternity.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts