GOALS

I have a lot of serious decisions to make as to what I need to do to achieve my biggest goal in the next year. A lot of big decisions. Like,


  • Taking another job.
  • Going to volunteer in Peru.
  • Going to International Language Program in Russia.
  • Staying in Utah.

Part of me knows that staying here in Utah would be beneficial for my social life, and sheer happiness. Then the other half of me understands that by staying here, saving money would be difficult. Another job would help, but then I would be unhappy socially. Is social the only part I really care about? No. Because I would willingly leave for 12 weeks to 6 months to volunteer abroad and learn about different cultures and help others.

I however, need to save money. Why? Because my heart has set upon this huge and massive goal. This dream that I have had for the past 2 years. To serve a mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 18 months of service. I look forward to it. I also look forward to the things I will be achieving no matter what decisions I make, in the above comments.

  • I will read the four gospels.
  • I will study and engulf myself in the scriptures daily.
  • I will pray fervently to my father in heaven.
  • I will meditate and ponder to get closer to my God.
  • I will volunteer and serve those who need love and help.
I know that my father in heaven lives. I know that my sins can be forgiven, and that I can live righteously. I know that with time, and endurance, and faith I will overcome my darkest addictions and hours. Jesus Christ is my brother, and my savior. He atoned for me that I might live again, that I might be pardoned of my mistakes and misdeeds through his sacrifice. This is what I know to be true.

Comments

  1. I think you serving a mission would be amazing and I truly believe that God has a reason for everything and it can only be done with his timing, so don't worry about the social stuff, it will come.

    x, ash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts