20 Years Old & Wiser Too?

What have I been up to lately? Oh, just a little bit of everything. I had a truly amazing birthday filled with some of my best girl friends, and one guy. I went on a walk with Shaun at about 11:30 and half way to the temple (where we were walking to) the clock struck 12:00 and I was 20. I was ecstatic, and I felt different. All of a sudden, I was older and just not the same as before. We walked until 1:00 and I finally made it to bed by 1:30.

I awoke just four measly hours later to go to the hot air balloon festival with my dear friend Lauren. We had a blast watching the balloons take off, and one day... when it isn't midnight, I will post videos and pictures of it all. It was awesome. We went to Denny's for breakfast and I ate an entire grand slam, there was not a drop of food left on my plate. It was so good. After breakfast we went to the Grand Parade. It was so cool. There were cops on motorcycles, floats with temples on them, 50 or so elders, and of course llamas! What would a Utah parade be without llamas. (Yes there is going to be a llama fest next Saturday, I wish I could go.. but I work.)

After the parade Danielle and I went to Del Taco, then out to Sandy to shop. We went to Nordstrom Rack, where D bought me a really kick ass pair of Nike high tops. They are pretty sweet. We also went to the Forever 21 at the South Towne mall, it's as big as a Dillards.. no lie. Two stories... of pure awesome, we were there for two whole hours!! I got some cool stuff. After the mall we headed home and ate at Pizzeria 712. If you live in Provo/Orem area you should definitely go there. It's no SLAB pizza, but that's only because it's different. You have to have very creative and exploring type taste buds. It is very good!

Then, after dinner we headed to a park to watch the Grassroots Shakespeare theater company. There are four boys from my ward that are part of it, and they did a great job. It was Romeo & Juliet with an intense twist of comedy. I loved it. It made me want to go back to theater. Maybe I will try out for a community theater play... maybe. After the play I went to Shaun's. He got me two books. One called Dream Big starring OLIVIA and it is the cutest little quote book. One of my favorite quotes from it is, " A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt. He also got me the book, Eat Pray Love, which I have been dying to read since the movie is coming out in August. I am 57 pages in already. I love it.

So, as you can tell.. my birthday was a smashing success. I had a great time. Today is actually my oldest sister Emily's birthday, and I hope she has a great one! I love her a lot and I think she is one of the greatest mom's known to man. Carter is lucky to have her. Not only that, she is fun and creative, and she is the best. Happy Birthday M&M! I love you endlessly!!

P.S. Thanks to all those who wished me a Happy Birthday! You are the best!

Comments

Popular Posts