Simple Conversations

I want to have a conversation all about how when someone walks into a classroom there is an internal instinct in each and every person to turn around to see them. Really, how does that happen? I mean, there are a few people in the room who are staring off into space, and not paying ANY attention, then there are the ones who turn. Then, of course, there are the people like me, who think to themselves, I'm not going to turn and look! I'm just not going to! I'm so stubborn.

You know that feeling like when you are about to pass out. I really hate that feeling. It is an out-of-body experience for me. I try really hard to stay grounded, but I know that eventually my head will hit the floor. Okay, maybe it doesn't "hit the floor" but it does bob off then catch back and I take a deep breath and feel like I almost died. That happened to me tonight while I was dancing. So weird.

While I was dancing tonight, there was this boy talking to me about how everyone was trying to do the "jerk" but no one was doing it right. He cupped his hand around my ear and spoke softly to me for about a mili-second. It was an intimate moment, in a non-sexual kind of way. I felt as though that moment defined our friendship. I will never see him again.

I miss high school for one thing, girls camp. In my church the young women get to go to girls camp for a week out of the summer. Those weeks were always my favorite out of the entire summer. I love camping, not showering, and wearing bright orange suspenders. I remember being the girl who made everyone get up and play Gigelo, or Dippty Dippty Dip. I loved scripture study, and begged to do certification all day. I made our camp feel like home, and I always stayed up late just talking from on sleeping bag to the next. I will never forget the year we had mud wrestling, and my sister Jordan got in trouble for having boys come visit her. I was deathly afraid of my Stake President at the time, and thought that he was going to send her home. I cried when I found out she was in trouble. Oh, and that same year, I snorted a pixie stick and walked around with half an orange in my mouth for three hours. Good times.

I just want someone to sit and talk about nothing with. Someone who means everything to me. Someone who is my best friend, and will listen and not interrupt. Someone who will talk to me about the gospel, which I have fell from lately. Someone who will just sit in the same room as me and not feel pressured to do something, while I organize, and fiddle through things. All day I day-dream about having a best friend who will be like that with me. We wont ask the other to come over, we will just expect it. We wont have to have plans, we will just do whatever is most fun for us. One day that will happen, until then I will be in my apartment at the wee hours of the morning blogging. haha Just kidding, just for tonight though. Just for tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts