Oh, Logan!!

I am sitting here at Quimbly Cottage while Jane is working. Oh how I miss this place. The smell of the front room, the creeks of the hardwood floors. It just seem so magical, and even though it is raining and cold outside, it feels like summer. I'm sure if I had weathered through a winter here my thoughts would be different. That hasn't happened though, and it might just be a good thing. As I type this, the sun is seeking onto the carpet and down the staircase. I wish that it would stop tricking us all, and just stay out for days on end. I was sad to see when I got on BookFace this morning that it had snowed a couple of inches in Provo, but also glad that I wasn't there to wipe it all off my car. It is almost June, the weather is too bi-polar and we are all getting sick of it.

I just love the fact that I am here right now! It feels like summer again. Jane is out working, and I am home about to watch movies and sit on the couch. I hope to see some of my friends this week, but this is good enough for now. I made the right decision when I moved home, then moved to Provo. The people I have come in contact with, the things I have learned, have been great. I would have grown either way, if I had stayed, just not in the same way. I am glad I made the choice I did. I just really miss this little town, with it's old main street and it's college feel. It's nothing like Provo... It's nothing like Las Vegas... It is nothing like I have ever experienced. I will always come back to this town and thank God above that I had the chance to spread my wings here one summer.

As for the people, they have changed, they have moved away. That is fine... I still have my Jane. I am so excited to see her, and to just do what we are good at, being friends. We are the best of friends that is for sure. I love her to pieces!

So, here's to hoping the sun comes out and stays to play. Here's to hoping that summer begins and makes everyone see the world with rose colored lenses. It is that time, that time to be the people we long to be all winter long. Free.

I love this place. Have I already said that???

Comments

Popular Posts