500th Post

I sit awake, still, after a long day of work. I think to myself, Why on earth is there still life in you? You should really be passed out by now. Crawling into your bed to dreamland (which hasn't been much fun as of late, seeing as how you have been having AWFUL dreams.) Nonetheless you should be snoring, I say. What an opportunity you have to catch up on your rest. Tomorrow will be another long day, even longer then today... with you working BOTH of your jobs tomorrow. Insanity, I tell myself. All of a sudden, I don't like the way I am writing.

So... Guess what? You will never believe this. This, exact post you are reading right now... is my, FIVE HUNDREDTH POST! Yes. Yes you read that right, your eyes are not deceiving you.. 500. WOW. Intense.

I opened the gate to the backyard, old wood, fixed up with shiny silver hardware. The spring on the gate expands open and slowly creeks closed as I venture my way past the garden up the slate rock pathway to the back door. There you sit, in the kitchen at the table with your hands clasped together in front of you, your long arms placed tightly across the table. Oh how I wish I could venture into your heart and comfort you so. I tap my key on the door and step back to look at your reaction through the kitchen window. My steps were too slow, and you are in my arms hugging me before I could even think to blink. I love you, you say. Over and over and over. Darling, darling, boy. I think to myself, what have I done wrong. Me? You love me? I question, with my hands at my sides as you hug me unconditionally and bury your face into my neck. Oh yes, you, you silly silly girl. It has always been you. My heart sinks, and my head bobs backwards. Tears stream clearly and smoothly down my sun-kissed face. You step back with your arms grasping mine and you shake me gently to awaken my heart. I should not have ever said those things. I didn't mean them. You plead with me to give you another chance. Remember how I longed to be within his heart? To comfort him? It was more for me, then it was for him. See, I thought this was the last time I would see his beautiful face. I thought that possibly, I would never feel his love again, and would always ache for his touch. Here he was, standing in front of me telling me, it was me all along. There I was, standing in front of him, crying and in shock, had love really swung my way? Had I really just heard the words he said? Who was I to believe? My head, or my heart? Then, I moved my hands to his face, and holding tightly on... I kissed him deeper then I ever would and walked inside the house to wash my face in the sink, and start all over again.

Happy 500th post to me! Happy 500th post to me! Have a great week everyone!!

Comments

  1. Dude 500! That's intense. Do what makes you happy and you will be alright. Stop being sad Shelby, she is not my favorite. I like happy Shelby better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts