Words

Start.

I feel as though people throw words around as if they are nothing. Like, they are just words but they are so much more then that. Words express your love, your devotion. They express who you are, what you think, how you work. Sometimes they don't come out right. Sometimes they are so mixed up, nothing seems clear. Then... there are times when the simplest sentence is spouted forth from unrehearsed lips and love is created. Love. What a divine word in itself! Words, sometimes words of hatred, of jealousy, of ugly nasty things. How can we so carelessly throw these things about, without thought? Thoughts are just words unsaid. Still, words.


Stop.


Honestly, I can't really explain what I am trying to say, when I have to dance around the subject. The truth is, I find myself saying less, holding back from opinions, because I'm not completely sure of my thoughts. I want my words to mean something to someone. I don't want to give my opinion freely, to be judged and picked apart. Mainly because, I feel as though people will take them for not. As if they don't mean a thing. My thoughts are imbedded so deep within my head and my heart, that using them carelessly pains me.

Maybe these are just words that mean nothing, that spin in circles and never walk through doors to new opportunities, but I feel safe with them. I feel safe inside my vocabulary, my vocabulary, my thoughts, the words that escape my lips on a daily basis. It is not that I don't learn from other's escaped thoughts, I learn endless amounts. So much in fact, that when people talk I feel the need to open my heart, along with my ears, to really impress their thoughts upon me and understand them. I sincerely hope that you read my words with consideration as to who I am, and what I am involving you in, in my life.

Stop.

It is not often that you will find me throwing about my feelings without a thought for the consequence, good or bad. You, dear reader, are a part of my thoughts, a part of my life. You make me who I am, in a way that I cannot completely explain. I do not worry that you will not like who I am, or how I am. I worry that an explanation is not enough some days, because of the carelessness that abounds in words today.

End.

Comments

  1. Thank you for being you, for using your words because we hear them and feel them from wherever we are at the time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shelby, I always love reading your words. So beautifully spoken and come straight from your heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good with words and need to speak up more often. Do it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts