Texting = Major, Epic, Fail

Three words I think of when I think of texting are, Confusing, Consuming, and FAIL. Lately, I have been making new friendships and rekindling old ones. Which of course leads to a lot of texting, right? Well, that is right... in this day and age. You can't be anyones friend if you don't text them. The whole process kind of makes me want to punch something.

First let me make clear that there are some little things that are good about it. Like, short contacts; Hey! Where are you? Let's hang out at 7 tonight. I'm here. I will be there in 20 minutes. My personal favorite is pictures usually just the ones I get of Carter. That's it.

Texting is horrible for many reasons. You loose complete touch with people. It's all about MOBILE devices and never actually having a conversation about things. THEN when it comes down to conversations, they get thrown out of context. People think your serious when you are actually being sarcastic. People think you are mad, when you aren't. Or they just don't understand what you are saying. It's ridiculous and just leads to drama.

The next thing about texting is that it is a constant factor in 90 percent of people's lives these days. They take their phone EVERYWHERE with them. In the shower, to the mailbox, on dates. I understand having your phone with you if you are waiting for a call, or going on run, what if something happened? That is understandable. What is not right is when people can't seem to detach themselves from their cellular device so they can HANG OUT with people. Last night, I went hot tubbing, then came back to my house to hang out. It was great, I didn't take my phone, I didn't look at it. Why? Because I was genuinely interested in the other person enough to give them my attention.

The worst for me is when people just text just to text. Like, what are you doing with your day? I get at least 20 texts from you a day! How? Who? What are you doing???? I don't get it. If you want to have a conversation call, or come over. Don't text me.

I am not saying I'm not guilty of some of these things. I am indeed. I bother myself, is what I am saying. I'm done texting for a while. It's getting on my nerves. So, if you happen to have my number, and I don't text you back... call me. Or something. Just stop wasting your time on your phone!

People just need to get lives. We all need to set down the electronics, the remote control, the computer and just GO OUTSIDE or HAVE CONVERSATIONS in person. Talk to people, learn about them. I know it's not bad all the time to have these electronics, but it is really getting to our day-in-age, it's making us all look like we can't stand real human contact. UGH! It bugggs me!

Comments

  1. I'm guilty of this sometimes too. There are times when I text a lot and other times when it drives me nutso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am standing up on a table clapping for you. pretty sure, that is EXACTLY how I feel. I have ALWAYS felt that way. ew, HATE HATE HATE when people text you hey whats up. then if you dont respond within five minutes, they say "well have a great day". dude seriouslY???!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so one of THOSE people. As you witnessed when I left my phone at your apartment. It is my lifeline and I die without it.

    I should work on that.

    lover you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts