We Got "Balls"

Recently my friend Ash and I have been talking about how guys never ask girls on dates. Of course guys have a million reasons for why they don't; I'm too shy! It is harder then you think! I have no money. I don't have time. There are no girls to date.
Let me stop right there and say.
My singles ward has two elders quorums. One hundred and some odd guys, 80 or so girls. They have an excuse, or they WOULD have an excuse if half the girls I talked to in my ward were dating someone.
Anyways, so having that conversation we started thinking, what if we asked a guy on a date? We are counseled to date, and not just hang out, now-a-days. So being the gutsy girls we are, we asked some guys on dates. Yep, we took initiative and just did it! I am so happy that we did this. Of course, I was a nervous wreck before the guy I asked said yes, but now I am feeling pretty confident. Just to clarify, I wouldn't say I am "out on the prowl" or anything. I just want to meet new people, and by golly that will surely be happening!
We haven't decided exactly what we are going to do, but I know it will be an adventure, and totally fun! So here is a cheer to dating, and the fact that girls seem to have more balls then guys! (figuratively speaking..)
What do you think about girls asking guys on dates?
Am I an idiot?
Let me know!

Comments

  1. I think it's awesome. I will say, however, that the guy should pay... or at least try to pay. I don't care who asks who out on the date. It is the guys responsibility to pay. If he doesn't want to pay, then he shouldn't say yes. That's what I think.

    That is all.

    -c

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO!! GO SHELBY! And I totally agree with MBP. Is that wrong of me? I feel like it's the guy's job to open the door, pay for dinner, etc. It's chivalrous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, when it comes to going to dinner or movies, or anywhere that involves paying that it is the boys job to ask and pay. but, i see no harm in inviting a guy over for a planned night. i could be wrong though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i gotta disagree. i think its great if a girl wants to ask a guy out. but if a girl is 'ballsy' enough to ask out a guy, she should have the 'balls' to pay and plan for it too haha. traditionally the guy pays, but traditionally the guy asks the girl so tradition is pretty much out the window. good job though shelb, way to stick it to the man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. once i heard guys completely LOVE and adore and find it so attractive when a girl will be like, "hey wanna hang out" or just take initiative. i would hate to be a guy and have to do err thang all the time. it would be nice. so i say heck yeah. i did it once and after that he kept telling me how much he lovers it. so its a definite yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, i remember this. that was fun shelby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts