Two Posts In One Day

I know I posted earlier today, but I feel like I need to post again. It could be because it's only 9:30 which with daylights savings time means it's only 8:30. Either way, the reason is not very important, as usual. Something about daylights savings time that I'm not sure many people realize is, although it is light out longer, and that is nice... it sucks for one day of the year. Do we all know what day that is? Well, I for sure do... it's Fourth of July. Do you realize we have to wait until 8:30 to light off fireworks!! That is such a long time! Now, you have a reason to dislike the sun being up for so long. ha

(In case you were wondering.. I miss this boy!)
Let me drop some knowledge on you. If you don't mind. Yesterday was Sunday, and it was a fabulous day. After church at around 7 we had a fireside (a talk presented to us) on Money Management. My Bishop was the one who was speaking and he is the funniest guy. If you are wondering if he played a Beatle's song with the lesson, you are right. haha He told us this story about a father who, when his son turned 18, he made him pay rent each month to live in the house. The son learned some major accountability skills and it was really good for him. He got married, he moved out of the house, and I think he was about 23 or 24. On his wedding day his dad gave him all the money, that he had paid him for rent, back, as a wedding gift. Is that not the coolest thing you have ever heard? I mean, it might have been hard for the son to go through those times when he was young, but it definitely paid off. I hope I can teach my kids about money in a way that makes them realize how responsible they have to be. I myself have a hard time with money, but I am doing better now.

(We went to paris.. It was awesome)
Another thing I want to mention is that, I got a letter from a missionary today. My friend Josh. He only has 6 months left on his mission, it feels like just yesterday he left. In the letter was a 3x5 index card with a game of tic-tac-toe on it. This will be THE single longest game of tic-tac-toe every played. I wonder if I could set a Guinness world record for it! You tell me!
(obvi these pics have nothing to do with the post.. I'm just having withdrawls)
xoxo All My Love,
Shelby Lou

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts