There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today

Obviously a decent bedtime means nothing to me. So here I sit, writing away my life. To be honest, I rather enjoy it. I enjoy getting fewer hours of sleep because of blogging, because it helps me to remember that I am creating something. I am the Creator of this webpage and I believe it helps me define who I am. Sometimes, but not often, I have second thoughts about blogging. Maybe I should stop, maybe I should take a break, then something great happens (or something horrible) and here I am again. There is no use in breaking a good habit.

Water in the fountain in front of the temple.
My day today was great. I did some things I had been putting off. Like, practicing the guitar and taking more pictures. I made a video of me practicing the guitar, because I'm a fool. You can click here to view it, if you would like. After doing some scales on the guitar I headed up to the Provo Temple. I got some pretty sweet shots. It was a gorgeous day outside today. Seriously, it felt like spring. I'm not going to say it is Spring yet, for fear that if I do I will jinx the goodness. I got this really awesome shot of the entire temple with missionaries walking out of it. Oh how I love missionaries. As I was taking the picture one of them said, "Oh! You don't want a bunch of missionaries in the shot! Especially us." So humble... haha it was actually really weird to me, so I just said, "No.. that wouldn't be good." Then waited for them to walk past.

The picture I was talking about, above.
After taking a gazillion pictures I grabbed my blanket out of my car and laid it down on the grassy hill just outside of the temple grounds and basked in the sun. There was a cool breeze, and the sun was super warm so it felt amazing. Really, if I could explain it in words, it's like biting into a freshly dipped chocolate covered strawberry. It was that great. At one point or another I fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up it was like I woke up in a dream. The sun was shining, birds were chirping.. I could hear the leaves rustling in the grass. OH! It was fantastic.

As I sat up, I thought about life. I thought about how everything seemed so perfect at that moment. How, I am in the right place, at the right time. I thought that maybe, if I were lucky... in a few years I could be laying on this same hill with my darling husband's head in my lap, talking about the future. I thought that, before that.. I could be one of those missionaries sitting outside the temple, preparing herself to do the Lord's errand. My heart leapt from my chest as I continued to see my life, and the ever-present truth of the gospel that will always without a doubt shed sunshine on my darkest days. It was truly blissful to be able to see the good things that are to come.

The Provo, Utah Temple The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Tonight I go to sleep with a prayer in my heart, that things will be okay. I pray that miracles will surface in my life, and the lives of others. I pray that, I will begin to want what is best for me. I pray for those who are witnessing and struggling destruction, that they might find hope and peace in God. There is so much in this life to be thankful for, there is so much on this earth that men could not even begin to understand. The beauty of it is, we don't have to be all knowing, we just need to have faith, that the one who is, will help us through.

xoxo all my love,
Shelby Lou

Comments

  1. I love you.

    That is a pretty temple! I love seeing your photography skills!

    I am glad you are happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts