Happy Sabbath

The thing about blogging is that, you could be doing so many other things, but instead, you choose to blog. Most of the time I have a ton to do... but for my sanity, I blog it out.

Yesterday was the perfect Sabbath. It was Fast Sunday, so I fasted (did not eat for two consecutive meals) and since it was Fast Sunday there was testimony meeting. I went up to the pulpit and bore my testimony. It was the greatest. Next we had Sunday School, the lesson was great, the people I was sitting by had great input, and so on. Then relief society, it was tear-filled but awesome. After church was over we had an awesome munch and mingle to break our fast. It was a pot-luck so there was a ton of food there. I made Zinger Ice Cream cake, and it was gone within minutes! It was pretty delicious.

After getting home from church and all that good stuff, we had our home teachers come over. One of our home teachers has a sweet nick-name from us, that he doesn't know about. We always notice him in church because he wears these brown loafers without any socks. We call him Hottie No Socks. It is great! Because honestly, he is terribly good looking, but the socks throw me off. You gotta wear socks to church. When they left, we went out on our porch (Danielle and I) and I read my scriptures to her. It was great. Just as I was finishing the chapter my friend Rich walked up to our apartment.

I am part of this awesome committee for Ward Prayer, and I had everyone over to my house to help construct the Warm Fuzzie Board. Warm Fuzzies are little notes, anonymous or otherwise stating how awesome the other person is. We made this sweet board with envelopes velcroed onto it for each apartment. It was fantastic! Finally, after a couple of hours of questionable jokes, Brenton, Rich and I finished the board. We headed over to the Ward Prayer House and it was a hit! Everyone loved it!

When I came home, I was beyond tired. That is my favorite way to end a Sunday, because I feel like I accomplished something. Something to do with church, and that is just awesome. I love going to church you guys, it is my favorite thing. NO LIES.

Comments

  1. So good to hear. These days in your life are awesome. Remember and cherish them when you struggle in your life. They will save you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!! You are too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Shelby, i freaking love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Shelby Lou.
    I stumbled on your blog because I happen to crush on the MBP blog like it's nobody's business and I always laugh a bit at your comments! Either way, you are so silly and fun and I love it! And I L.O.V.E. the idea of a Warm Fuzzy Board! So stinking cute! Thanks for the idea!

    Your newest lover,
    Verity Kae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts