Pray

Have you ever gotten down on your knees to pray and felt that overwhelming feeling? It's kind of like the feeling you feel right before you fall asleep, mixed with the feeling you get right before a roller coaster drops down. It makes you feel heavy in your heart but light on your feet, your eyes are shut tight but you want so badly to open them, just to make sure you are grounded. It's a magical feeling, truly it is. To know there is a higher being, a purpose for this crazy life. Time seems to slip through my fingers every day. Right when I feel like I can handle it, it runs out the door.

Then I go to bed at night and I pray for things to be alright. I pray for my family to be happy, and love their lives. I pray for my friends to take care of themselves. I pray that devastation will not knock upon my door. I pray that God can forgive me and have mercy on me. I pray that God can have mercy on those who use him, and abuse his love, so that maybe... our world can be a better place. I pray for spring to rush in and close out winter, I pray for beautiful music to enter my life each and every day. I pray that my future spouse will be happy, and know that, even though we have not met, I love him. I pray for my children up above, that I might make them proud and be the woman they need me to be. I pray that my heart will stop breaking, and that I can move on.

There are so many other things too, too many to write. But you get the picture. Right?



Comments

  1. This post is beautiful. There is no greater time then feeling connected to God by prayer. Thank you for writing this, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, girl we are fer sure related. i am convinced. see you at the next family reunion.
    i really really love this. God is wonderful. I love that feeling of fullness. There is absolutely nothing as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Shelby! You're amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts