No Phone Zone

I'm not going to lie. I text while I drive, I talk on the phone like it's no big deal... and I go for hundreds of feet without looking at the road. Well, that has all stopped today. I was watching T.V. earlier this morning and a commercial for distracted driving came on. Of course the gal behind this all is Oprah, Oprah Winfrey is the best.. in case you didn't know. She has made a stand to make the roads safer for everyone in America. It is a great thing, and I decided to join in on it. It's called the No Phone Zone Pledge. It takes seconds to do, and will power to succeed. All you do is you go and electronically sign, and put your email address in, and BAM you took the pledge.

I'm not going to tell you statistics about it, or remind you how dangerous it is. You should know. You should know that when you are behind the wheel, you are behind the wheel. Concentrating on that task should be your top priority, no matter how good you are at multi tasking.

So, for those of you who know my number, and ever need to get a hold of me but I don't answer or reply back... it's because I am driving. If I need to answer the phone, or call you back urgently, I will pull over to the side and put my car in park and take care of business. Until then, I can be reached on foot, or when sitting down, stable and not driving a car!!!!

GO HERE to take the pledge. It's a big commitment, but it can and will save lives! This I know!

Comments

  1. I need to do this. I text far too often while driving!

    I do not talk on the phone though, not that it is any different.

    Oprah is the love of my life. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! I actually already don't use the phone while driving...it makes me too nervous plus it's illegal where I live anyway. I'm glad you're spreading the word, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I personally don't text while driving, but I've been in a car with people who do and have been terrified for my life. I think this is a good goal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been watching Oprah a lot lately. And I have been thinking about taking this challenge. I talk on the phone and text way to much while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already only text only at stoplights. Good for you for not texting and driving anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts