56 Followers? My Oh My!

I have been throwing some ideas around in my head to make a blog that will be my writers journal, because I feel like I need a place to put those sorts of things down. Then I thought, why can't I just post my writings here? I mean, it is MY blog, and MY thoughts and feelings encompass it. Right? This happens to be me fairly often, it's called a "Blogdentity Crisis". It's a very serious condition and it is not taken lightly. Especially around these parts, where it is widely known that my blog consumes at least 10 to 30 percent of my day. Here are my current issues.

I want to write what I want to write. I want to write what you want me to write. Is that such a sin? I want to make you happy, I see you nodding your head agreeing with me, don't deny it! I know however, to make you all happy would be for me to write about whatever my little heart desires. Or so it would seem. That is what is tricky about the blogging world.

Another thing I am fighting with is the whole promoting my blog thing. I'm not going to name names but sometimes when bloggers get famous they tend to diverge from their bloggy ways and become one huge solicitation. You know I'm not lying. However, there are some uber popular blogs that still hold on, with their dignity in tact. I'm not saying I'm a popular blogger, but I am saying that sometimes I want to be. I want to see little buttons with my name on them scattered on pages everywhere! Well, I doubt that will happen, because to be honest, I take, take, take, but I never give. I read, on average, around 70 blog posts a day. I comment, on average, on around 2 blogs a week. I love getting the love, but I hate giving it. Okay, hate isn't the right word. I just don't give it. Mainly because, well. I have no idea.

Now that you know about what is running through my head with this whole blogging thing, you might be happy to know that I am not going to change anything. Because CHANGE is what brings about things like, further distraction. Well, at least in my mind it does. So for those of you who read my online journal, thanks. This post is for you. In the meantime I am going to just keep doing my thing. My next post will not be about blogging. PROMISE.

Comments

  1. Dude. Blunt Honesty. That is what I value most about you Ms. Lou. Sing Praises to this post...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep doing what you're doing...as in, run your blog however your heart desire's even if that changes daily. I like it.

    Yeah I feel the same about blog buttons. I also don't really have any on my page because I love so many blogs but if I collected everyone's buttons it'd be a traffic jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog because it is uniquely you. I obviously don't know you personally, but because you write about your life and your take on things I feel I can relate to you and who you are. I love blogs like yours! Keep doing what you do. No one has opinions or experiences quite like yours, and that's what makes reading the blog special.

    I've always been terrible at commenting until recently. I was in that 'love to get it, never give it' category. So don't feel bad. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean- and I love you for it! You are beautiful, and no matter WHAT you post about, people will read. Don't worry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Exactly how I feel at times too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've put into words exactly how I feel haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) i like this. i stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago and i genuinely enjoy reading it. write whatever your little heart desires! as far as i can tell, you're insightful and interesting and regardless of what you write, it will be worth reading. :)
    also, if your url is your real last name, then hey! we have the same last name! long lost cousin mayhap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog to read YOUR thoughts. You write what YOU want to write and we will love it and read it!

    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts